User Tag List

Thread: Aloe Spray

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Aloe Spray

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about the cold weather and keeping Lady's skin healthy while using our house heater. I have been reading about Aloe Spray and the wonderful affects it has on their feathers and skin. I also read it is great to keep for first aid kits for its healing properties.

Does anyone have a recipe to make your own spray or do those that use it just purchase it from a bird safe store?

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I don't use any of the Aloe spray products. But since Zaf gets an inflammation on his facial skin at certain times of the year, I treat it with "Organically Grown Liquified Aloe Vera Leaf". It's pure, raw Aloe Vera. I keep it in the refrigerator. The containers have a 'use by' date of around 2 years. I get it at the local health food store.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (12-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    My avian vet told me to only use aloe spray on the skin if there is inflammation or self mutilation. You can pinch an organically grown leaf and let the bird chew it.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Interesting, I was thinking the aloe would be good for keeping her skin from becoming dry with the heat. I guess I have more research to do about it. Thanks guys!