User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower Perch

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Shower Perch

Rosies shower perch has been a very bad perch. The last couple of showers, the suction cups become detached from the glass and Rosie is either hanging from one suction cup our completely dumped on the floor. NOT FUN!!

It is 2 1/2 years old and has taken a lot of abuse. My kids will yank it off the glass and throw it out of the shower if they want to shower and it is attached. Ugh.

I was wondering if anyone had a particular shower perch they LOVE? Ours is fine, I will post a pic. I don't love that it only sticks to glass. So if someone knows of a better one, I'd love suggestions.

Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    No bird in shower going on here! Sorry I can't help. I have a thought, though, is this something you could hang from the door and remove without too much hassle?

Parrots

No, it goes on the glass wall right above the metal. So the suction cups go on the glass and the legs sit on top of the very small metal ledge. Something above the door would be great though!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

I finally got Rosie a new shower perch yesterday. When I went to get her food, they had zoo max perches 40% off so I figured I would give it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001191_t2003-shower-window-perch.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	3043

We used it today and Rosie is not a fan. It is ugly and a different configuration than her old perch, but it seems secure. She sat on it, but didn't move at all and kept asking me to pick her up. Silent during the whole shower. Once I took her out, she started singing and dancing. Hoping after she uses it a few times she will realize it isn't going to eat her. It will be nice to have a perch that doesn't dump her while she is dancing during her shower.
    Rosie & Kendra

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (07-14-2015), Mr Peepers (07-15-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Birds being the weirdos that they are, I bet in no time she will be loving her new perch! Looks like a good one!

7. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-15-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I had that one for my grey. It worked fine. She will get used to it.

9. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-15-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I feel for her. I got a new wooden utensil (for cooking) that just isn't the same as my favorite one started to wear and splinter. I know it's not a perch but something just feel different and takes time to grow on us!

11. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-15-2015)

I got mine from I think it was bird comfort. It is a pvc perch that hangs over the door.

Parrots

Oh, over the door would be perfect!! I will have to check that out if Rosie doesn't adjust to this one.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Ban kids from shower. If they are boys this will be a win/win solution.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-16-2015)