User Tag List

Thread: Firefox

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Firefox

I have used firefox for search engine just for PP. Now when I try to get into PP I do not even get a listing of the forum. I am back to google. Do you know of any issues with FF?

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    FF has never worked right on any of my computers. I always kept trying it, because all of my tech guys say that "firefox is so much better than IE or chrome" ... never ever got it to work, sometimes it wouldn't even download right, so I stopped trying. Sorry I can't be of any help in that area, it's always been an issue for me...

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I have used firefox for search engine just for PP. Now when I try to get into PP I do not even get a listing of the forum. I am back to google. Do you know of any issues with FF?
    Hi Dianne. I have some thoughts on this...

Is it possible that the condition was a temporary one? One possibility is that there may have been a temporary routing malfunction from your location to the server that hosts PP during the time you were unable to load the page(s). Another possibility is that your web cache was purged during an automatic upgrade to Firefox. Can you please try loading the PP index page again and then report back? And if need be, let it sit with the white screen for 5 minutes to make sure that it's not simply reloading the page's web cache in the background (which can take a relatively long time depending upon the status of your Internet connection).

For what it's worth, I've just upgraded to Firefox 34.0 on my laptop and it seems to load PP's pages normally now that the web cache has been restored.

As mentioned above, it's important to consider that once installed, the new builds of Firefox (such as version 34.0) may automatically start fresh with a complete absence of cached web pages. Consequently, when a copy of Firefox is upgraded to the latest version (which often occurs automatically) you may lose your locally stored copies of web pages. And that will mean that each of those pages will need to fully reload again the next time you visit them. This can make it appear as if those pages are 'hanging' (i.e., not loading) the very first times they are accessed after an upgrade. To summarize, the initial visits to each webpage after a Firefox version upgrade can result in noticeably slower loading periods than before the upgrade, since Firefox has to reload and cache all of the graphics and page elements again. Moreover, there is often a 'white screen' period while waiting for certain pages to fully load. Once fully loaded, though, subsequent visits to these pages should render much faster loading times (on par with what they were before the version upgrade).

That said, could what I've described be the issue you are experiencing?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Conure
    I also have have had nothing but trouble with firefox. At first it didn't download right and completely screwed my computer up. Then when it did download it just wouldn't work right. After several attempts I just quit trying to use firefox and have stayed with google and bing. Both work great for me.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Gee, I only use FF. I have trouble with IE. Like Tony said, upgrades can be a pickle tho. Somehow it all works out in the end for me .

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Trying to update but I lose the connection for some reason. Will keep on trying.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Trying to update but I lose the connection for some reason. Will keep on trying.
    Dianne: Do you mean that you're trying to update Firefox? Or do you mean that you're trying to update us on the status concerning your attempts to get it to work?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!