User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garuda Aviaries

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I'm not sure that people buy large birds for their ego. Not at all, really. I have a large bird, a medium sized bird and a cockatiel (smallish bird). I must admit, though, my large bird is awfully smart, comparatively speaking
    Actually, some folks do acquire large parrots mainly as show pieces, motivated by a mere desire to impress others . Occasionally such individuals develop genuine love and concern for those birds and choose to care for them properly... while other times the birds end up suffering with uncertain futures
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (11-26-2014), spiritbird (11-26-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yeah, I know you're right, Tony, just wish it was different. I think most of us here, that have a large parrot, didn't do it for ego, I sure as heck didn't!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (11-26-2014), Lady (11-27-2014), plax (11-26-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    No ego here, my daughter and her love of macaws and my love of all animals brought our big girl to us. In fact, Rosie is bad for an inflated ego. As she tells me who the boss is on a regular basis! And it isn't me!!
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (11-27-2014), plax (11-26-2014)