User Tag List

Thread: Macaw/Raven

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D

Macaw/Raven

I have room for one more cage I would love to take in a Macaw ( B&G or GW, but will talk about any) or a legal African White fronted Raven. Any bird I take in would have vet care, daily inter-reaction, clicker training and one cooked meal a day. So if you are looking for a bird home please think about me.

2. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (06-11-2013)

Parrots

Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched Aug 12, 2012
    Only one cooked meal? I have to feed Valentino twice a day his fresh mix. LOL. I understand what you mean by one cooked meal. You feed your feathered friends a fresh meal every day and not just pellets.
    Mihijo - Noble macaw - 2/27/95 to 10/07/2012
    Diego - Illiger's macaw - 5/16/2002 to 6/08/2011
    Joaquin - Solomon Island Eclectus - 1/17/2001 to 12/23/2005

May all my boys RIP
    Fly free until I can see you all again

Julio - Noble macaw went back to his rescue 4/12/14

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    What ever happened to the macaw you were looking to adopt?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi Blanca, that is an old post by Shelly. I asked her a few days ago if the macaw was still happening and YES, it is. She will be picking him up in July, his name is Max!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (06-11-2013), ShellyBorg (06-11-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks for the update Mare! Glad to hear it!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

8. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (06-11-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Will give everyone a update as soon as I can
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

10. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (06-12-2013)

Parrots

Well no macaw for me at this time. Between the truck breaking down and the adoption price they wanted for Max,I could not get them and they will be taking him to Las Vegas with them. Having owned this bird for 25 years they may find out that after the move they may have wanted to keep him any way. The good news is they will not be dumped in a over crowded bird shelter.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

12. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-24-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Awww, well I am glad his owners are reconsidering re-homing Max. Sorry to hear you couldn't get him. there is one out there waiting for you. It will be the right match at the right time in your life.

I do understand trucks breaking down & the expense of getting them fixed. In my case I had to be towed 235 miles, borrow the tow price from my sister, then wait 2 months to afford the expensive price of the transmission being rebuilt.

The worst part of my trip tho was not all the extra expense I was out. No, it was the stress of how I was going to get home with a broke down pickup, still 235 miles away with two young Catalina macaw brothers in a wire dog crate in the back seat terrified of being uprooted from their safe home. Plus it was January and the temps were dropping down in the 50s (Thankfully I live in a fairly warm state in wintertime!). And it added 2 1/2 hrs to our already long trip from San Antonio. We all lived over the ordeal, but I would not wish a trip like that with new parrots on anyone!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~