User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our newest rescue, a woodpecker

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I also think you're a wonderful person, Mare. You frequently help injured animals... which is such a selfless thing to do! I really hope your little woodpecker makes it. One of my main concerns would be the likelihood of a presence of infectious bacteria from the cat that grabbed the poor little guy. Do you have him on an antibiotic of some type?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-29-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, all, for the kind thoughts. Well, I got him set up in a smallish cage with seed, pellets and water. I've not seen him eat or drink but he's alert and moves around on the bottom of the cage, he "pecks" around, I should say . If he doesn't get infection, I think he might make it. I still have little Lou, the dove, she is getting pin feathers in her bald areas. I put her out in the aviary the other day, let her get some sunshine and exercise, mostly running but she tries to fly, too.

Thanks, Tony, unfortunately, all I have is the Metacam.
    Last edited by Mare; 10-29-2014 at 03:01 AM.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-29-2014), Lady (10-29-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sorry to say, the little buddy died overnight . We tried, God love you little one.
    Last edited by Mare; 10-31-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww Mare, so sorry to hear that. You did what you could and made his last few days comfortable.

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-31-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    He may have had a disease or virus. I love little woodies. Sad he did not make it but you tried.

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-31-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    My condolences to you, Mare. I'm truly sorry
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-31-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh no, I'm sorry. He was lucky you were there to help him.
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-31-2014), plax (10-31-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I feel so bad for him/her, it always breaks my heart. Trying is always a necessity, no matter what..we try.

15. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-31-2014), Lady (10-31-2014), plax (10-31-2014)

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    oh Mare! Bless you for trying, the world needs more people who will try. I'm sorry you lost him, I'm sure you did the best you could, and if woodpeckers can feel grateful I'm sure he did.

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (10-31-2014), Mare (10-31-2014), plax (10-31-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    I'm really sorry to hear this Mare. It doesn't surprise me though. I've been bitten by a cat before and ended up in the hospital for a few days for IV antibiotics. Their mouths are filled with crazy bacteria. Sorry for the late post.

19. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (11-06-2014), plax (11-06-2014)