User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our newest rescue, a woodpecker

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Our newest rescue, a woodpecker

Yes, a red-headed woodpecker, the cat drug in. Poor buddy, it has a puncture below it's left eye. I cleaned it up, called our local wildlife rescue and was told to hang on to him and keep doing what I'm doing. I have some of Amigo's meds from when he was hurt and will get some down this bird. Woodpeckers are communal and would not be able to survive in a different area away from their family. Anyways, these guys are my nemesis but I will do what it takes to keep him alive. They happen to be an endangered species. The rescue guy tells me that here, where we live, has the highest concentration of red-headed woodpeckers,,ANYWHERE! Here is a pic of Amigo coming down for a closer look . I put the wild bird in the outdoor aviary.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

froggij (10-28-2014), jtbirds (10-29-2014), kendrafitz (10-28-2014), Lady (10-28-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Wow! I hope he makes it. Parrots are so nosy, aren't they?

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Good for you Mare. Woodpeckers are very interesting birds. Please keep us updated and more photos if you have the time.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    In that pic, the wood pecker hanging on the side of the cage, I was worried that Amigo might want to take some toes off but he actually seemed concerned about the little guy . At the moment, Amigo is hanging out on top of the cage, non-aggressively,, good to see. We have a family of these birds that LOVE our house and garage and Amigo's tree. I think Amigo feels they are family! I'll get some more pics up, soon.

7. The following user likes this post:

Lady (10-28-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Love that Amigo!
    Rosie & Kendra

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

This morning. Come to discover, he has issues with both eyes, I found a puncture on the other side, too. Both eyes are closed so, he's basically blind. I brought him in, (OMG..these guys are LOUD!) and have him in a box till I can get a cage together for him. My husband wants to humanely put him down but I want to give him a chance. The eyes aren't punctured, just closed.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Poor baby!
    Rosie & Kendra

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-29-2014)

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    Oh poor darling! Kudos to you for bringing him in, I hope the medicine helps him and maybe it's just swelling? I hope he gets better, poor little guy

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-28-2014), Mare (10-29-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh Mare, best of luck tending to this little guy. Sure hope he gets better.

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-29-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Your are the angel mare! He is in good hands, goodluck.

18. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-29-2014)