User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsafe Bird Toy

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Here is one I found when I searched: http://www.parrottoysusa.com/ Looks nice but I haven't looked deeply yet.

2. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (10-26-2014)

Parrots

I currently own Digby - 3-year-old male Congo African Grey and Cleo - 15-year-old female Umbrella Cockatoo.
    I like Parroteelia Bird Toys. They are handmade in Canada. Anyone ever ordered from there?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Although this is not a toy I am posting about a dangerous type of perch I bought on Etsy. Luckily I was home when Kobe got his toe nail caught in one of the holes in this perch. I was right there looking at him and he just panicked and was screaming. His toe was caught in this perch so I reached in the cage and helped him. It must have been sore because he favored it for a few days but he is OK now. No swelling noted. I notified the seller on Etsy. Please beware of perches like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_570xN_656637106_d023.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	2942

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    I wonder why I cannot see the link on your original posting. It's not the first time I've been on a thread where I can't see the links. Do you know why?

6. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (06-15-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDoll View Post
    I wonder why I cannot see the link on your original posting. It's not the first time I've been on a thread where I can't see the links. Do you know why?

I couldn't see the original pic in the first post either.... sometimes its because the thread was made a long time ago and the host of the picture site has changed. This thread started back in Oct. 2014.

8. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (06-15-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I cant see the link either and I do not remember what the toy was now. its just an x now.

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    Gotcha, that makes sense.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
    I couldn't see the original pic in the first post either.... sometimes its because the thread was made a long time ago and the host of the picture site has changed. This thread started back in Oct. 2014.
    That's correct, Nick. As some of you may know, there are two ways to display/embed photos within posts. The first method is to upload an image directly to our server. When that method is used, the image becomes a permanent part of the database and thus won't suddenly vanish at some point in the future - simply because there's no external URL to change or become obsolete. The other method is to enter a URL that points to the external location of an image. When that method is chosen, the image will only continue to display within the post for as long as the URL remains a valid path to the image source. A URL pointing to an externally stored image can be looked upon as a "window" or "wormhole" from our message board to an actual location where a source image resides.

This particular image was posted via an akamaihd.net Facebook media URL. Facebook is such a dynamic system that its media storage URL's frequently change. For this reason it's always best to save an FB photo to your computer and then upload the photo from your computer to the forum server. It'll be sure to stick around then . And it's always advisable to paste the URL where an image originally appeared as a comment within the post. Doing so will provide copyright credit to the source.

I as well can't remember what the toy was in the photo. But based upon the thread's early discussion and comments it appears that it may have been an item painted or coated with a toxic substance. Perhaps it involved a presence of lead paint.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (06-16-2015), PeachyDoll (06-16-2015), spiritbird (06-16-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    I recently used a newish type host to upload all my photos onto a few forums I hang out on, the host allowed really large files which was perfect for the huge gif files I shared everywhere. Recently the site closed down and the cloud the owner stored all the photos in was also deleted so there are probably a couple thousand pictures and gifs I uploaded all over the place that are just showing a red X now.

OOPS.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
    I recently used a newish type host to upload all my photos onto a few forums I hang out on, the host allowed really large files which was perfect for the huge gif files I shared everywhere. Recently the site closed down and the cloud the owner stored all the photos in was also deleted so there are probably a couple thousand pictures and gifs I uploaded all over the place that are just showing a red X now.

OOPS.
    Yeah, it can be really irritating when that happens
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!