User Tag List

Thread: If You Have This Bird Toy

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

If You Have This Bird Toy

This toy is very dangerous for a bird to play with. I imagine you can see why when you look at the way it is made. Please throw it in the nearest trash can if you have one.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Any bird toy is dangerous! It is all about knowing which bird plays in which way. If we where to go on about which toys are dangerous there would be a landfill full of them in days. Biggest thing to do is to monitor the bird playing with it and maybe cut the longer strings off to avoid any birdie getting wrapped up!

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    You have a good point, Justin. But actually, I think the one in the photo that Dianne posted poses a greater risk than many others. This particular toy amounts to a cluster of potential weighted nooses! With it, birds don't even have to whittle off any hard toy parts to expose a great many long ligatures... any one of which could easily strangle them to death with the toy in new condition
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

jtbirds (10-20-2014), spiritbird (10-20-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Very true and sadly there are alot like this on the market! I usually stay away from anything to complex for my guys. My birds have more fun with boxes and simple things then really complex expensive toys. I have found that most of them find a simple bell with fleece tied to it or a cardboard box with treats in it to be much more entertaining then something like that. just food for thought I have spent a lot of money on these "neat" toys and have only had trouble or simply collecting birdie dust!

6. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (10-20-2014)

Parrots

White Faced Cockatiel - Riley. Heavy Pied Cockatiel - Carolina
    you can always cut or tie knots into the longer strands making it safer plus buying the right sized or smaller than suggested toys when they are made in similar ways can also reduce the risk involved with these toys.