User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I found a Dove,,

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thank you, so much, Alice! Holy Moly! There are SO many species of doves!! Who'd a thunk?! Now you've got my curiosity up..research is in order! I'll let you know when I find out what kind she is..oh, I named her Lou. I felt that was a safe girl/boy name

2. The following 2 users like this post:

froggij (10-10-2014), Lady (10-10-2014)

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    I was thinking mourning dove? But they don't have flouffies on top... so I don't know if it's the same kind of bird or if Lou just has a really weird pinfeather growing in or what, but... does this look close?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Noo..Jen, Lou is a lot more plain looking, mostly brown colors, unless she just isn't mature enough yet, to show the colors. Either that or she is a female, I know a lot of species where the female is more camouflaged than the male. She's not very big, either.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Look who "flew" to the top of the outdoor cage! . I'm so happy for her, she has been living in a small space for so long and has many of her wing feathers grown back. Today was a beautiful day so I put her in the outdoor aviary thinking she would just run around..she can semi-fly! Her wings work but she has a droopy shoulder on the side she was hit, her wing sags a bit and feathers rub on the ground. I'll watch her for a few days to see how it goes
    Last edited by Mare; 11-06-2014 at 12:55 AM.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

froggij (11-19-2014), kendrafitz (11-06-2014), spiritbird (11-20-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    that's great~

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (11-06-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I seriously hope I can set her free one day..that's my dream

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (11-06-2014), spiritbird (11-20-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Does anyone know if a dove can be set free, wherever? I know that woodpeckers would die if set free not in their own territory. I've grown attached to this little bird and want to do right by her.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Little Lou has the black dots on the back part of her wings now,, and an iridescent glow to her front feathers. She may still be a he but I will call her/he a girl till I know better

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Glad to see he/she's doing a lot better and her feathers are coming back in. Yay!!!

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (11-06-2014), plax (11-06-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Still have little Lou in the outdoor aviary. I badly want to set her free, she can fly from the bottom to top of aviary..straight up 6ft. to a branch. She can fly from branch to branch. The only problem I'm having in letting her go is, she has a droopy shoulder still . This is on the shoulder/wing that she lost all those feathers from/that grew back. The wing still drags but she CAN fly, I'm just not sure how well outside of an aviary. Tim suggests that I take her to the golf course to set her free and that way, a cat won't snag her right off. Any suggestions? I know she can't be happy by herself and she is still desperately afraid of any human closeness, she beats herself against the wire when I come in to feed her.