User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How would you do it?

Here's the basic plan now. I've expanded on the original idea and made this to where if I go traveling, I can take it with me and live comfortably! If anyone sees any problems, please sing out! ALSO...Skittles is a parrotlet, Honey is a DYH amazon and there are 6 cockatiels. On the cages, those outside lines will be "wire" the other 2 are plywood and windows. Where the TV and A/C are is where a window is. The window unit A/C will be in the bottom and the top of the window will be sealed off with thick plywood and my TV is going to hang above the a/c where that plywood is. The bed is basically a shelf that's about 3 feet off the floor...under that will be the dog and cat beds...the 2 x 4s supporting it will be covered with carpet for scratching posts. ALSO on Skittles and Honey cages, they will be up off the floor about 1 1/2 feet. The "dividing wall" of the cockatiel's cage will be about 2 ft of solid plywood on bottom and then wired on top. ALSO...all the cages will have wire on top so they can climb and so I can hang things from it and there will be wire over the windows, so they can be opened on nice days and in the case of Honey the amazon, because she could easily open it if she could get to it! LOL I think that's all. Really appreciate any suggestions or critiques!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal House~1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	2486

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Impressive plan! What about storage for food and other supplies? The shelves and the fridge perhaps?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

3. The following user likes this post:

SissyCool (10-30-2014)

Thank you! Yes, there will be an area under each cage also. (except for the cockatiels) And also shelves over the sink

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Ah sounds good

6. The following user likes this post:

SissyCool (10-30-2014)

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    Sissy that looks so great! I can't wait to see pics when it's finished, I would love something like that, hehehe

8. The following 2 users like this post:

plax (10-30-2014), SissyCool (10-30-2014)

Thanks! It's gonna be really great!

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Looks like a great plan!

11. The following user likes this post:

SissyCool (10-31-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Very impressive. I know you must be excited!

13. The following user likes this post:

SissyCool (10-31-2014)

Just wanted to say that the camper is coming along quite nicely, but we're stalled a bit because of the weather. Us southerners don't deal very well with the cold...lol

Administrator

Parrots

I'm glad to hear that your project is coming along. Your delay due to harsh weather is understandable. Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted

16. The following user likes this post:

SissyCool (11-17-2014)