User Tag List

Thread: About the meyers parrot

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

About the meyers parrot

The Meyers Parrot is a little known gem. I have always wanted one but I promised myself I would get no more birds, especially those that have a longer life expectancy. I had a chance to interact with one that just happened to be in the Petco store. Oh my goodness it took all my willpower to say no.
    They have a brown head, green body color and the tail/wing feathers have spectacular coloring. They are rather quiet and will talk if taught. Does any one here have a Meyers?

http://beautyofbirds.com/meyersparrots.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images0WN9I0UT.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	2369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meyers_flight.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	2371

I was thinking it may be nice to post a monthly feature article on one species of parrot. The little known ones that are sometimes pets may be educational. What do you think?
    Last edited by spiritbird; 10-05-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Dianne,

I think it's a great idea, it will help me become more familiar with each species that we don't hear as much about.

Maybe it can become a separate thread of it's own. Parrot of the Month or of the week?

3. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (10-06-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I like Meyers Parrots very much! And your idea is a great one, Dianne
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-06-2014), spiritbird (10-06-2014)