Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat is available

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Lightbulb Chat is available

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about a way to encourage folks to visit the members shoutbox more often. Maybe an announcement or thread would be a good idea. I'm sure with everyone's different times and work schedules, as well as different days we do different things, but if we had a thread we could post when we think we would be available to hang out in the shoutbox to chat. I know that sometimes it is awkward and I rarely have any exciting news but maybe we would have a topic that we might want to discuss further with the benefit of live feedback rather than waiting for each other to read our post.
    We could also set aside a weekday and or a weekend day or night and a time to officially be around to chat.

Just a thought.....what do you think?

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    That all sounds fine, Alice. And I've made a modification related to the shoutbox. Now, if you go to the General Bird Discussion forum you will see the shoutbox below the navbar and above the thread listings. I've placed it there on a trial basis to see how members like it. It's a condensed version of the shoutbox in that less message lines are displayed at a time, and it will not show who has recently logged on the chat. But the full shoutbox is still available from the drop-down on the navbar as well. Let me know what you think?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Awesome, I'm going there now to check it out

4. The following user likes this post:

plax (09-22-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Um, you can surely tell I'm enjoying the shout box~ I think I may be hogging all the space .

Super Moderator

Parrots

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    So if anyone besides me, Alice, and Tony are here, we're all having a nice little chat in the general discussion shout box! Come and join us!

8. The following user likes this post:

Lady (11-12-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Its a great way to talk about almost anything and get to know each other more!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Its a great way to talk about almost anything and get to know each other more!
    Darn there are eight folks logged on right now. What a nice chat that would make

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Darn there are eight folks logged on right now. What a nice chat that would make
    I show 5 of them are on via tapatalk, though. The tapatalk app is unable to see or interact with the chat panel
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well that's no fun~