User Tag List

Thread: Ringnecks

Ringnecks

Where are all the ringneck owners... thought there would be many more

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Jane... I wish there were more of them. I've always liked IRNs quite well. I think a couple of things are going on concerning IRN owners on this website. First, we've never had that many of them here. I suppose that's because proportionally there are less IRNs around than some of the other parrot species. And next, some of our formerly regular members haven't been logging on much lately. I believe that ACEPHONECHIC still logs on now and then, though. She owns an IRN named Merlin. We're always hoping to attract new members, so you never know how many IRN owners may join in the near future. Usually when a new member sees recent activity from another member who shares their species of parrot, they become active as well. So please don't give up hope! We appreciate your posts here and we are certainly all parrot people
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Indian ringneck parrots are famous all over the world due to its beauty around neck, specially these parrots are famous in kids. These parrots are originates from the southern Indian subcontinent and has feral and naturalized populations worldwide. These parrots are also fly several miles to forage in farmlands and orchards, causing too much damage

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Welcome Jane, can we see a picture of your parrot - we love pictures.
    We have a feral population of Ringnecks in London. In fact they are so common they are number 15 in the most seen birds in London gardens list.
    So not fair to keep one as a pet when it can see all its relatives flocking outside.

Edit: Just noticed the OP date.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Hi Jane and welcome. The only thing I know about Ringnecks is that they talk so well. Perhaps if you feel like it you could enlighten some of us that do not know about them. Thanks for joining.

I have one! Green little monster named Merlin!

7. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (09-28-2015), PlaxMacaws (09-27-2015), spiritbird (09-27-2015)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Edit: Just noticed the OP date.
    Yep, Jean-Pierre... it's a fairly old thread. Almost exactly one year old.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Oops