User Tag List

Thread: Oscar needs a new home with wife.

Parrots

Heidi African Grey Timneh Oscar Eclectus

Oscar needs a new home with wife.

We rescued Oscar a couple of years ago from a terrible situation. He was being kept in a parakeet cage with broken wires poking through, one 3 inch perch to sit on and being fed cookies. We paid to get him out of there and planned on finding him a suitable home but he seemed content here at first. It has become obvious to us that Oscar isn't happy here, he's 6 years old and all feathers and hormones. Our African Grey is 26 years old and hates him. Oscar is chewing his tail feathers and errrm trying to have his way with anything that looks suitable.
    We are also in our 60's and are concerned about having such a young bird and feel that someone younger would be a more suitable home. We just want what's best for Oscar.
    We live in the Dallas area and would welcome enquiries from anyone around here who could help.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Hello Ivy. I've PM'd you about Oscar.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I hope you find a very special home for Oscar.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Ivy,

Welcome to P.P.

How wonderful that you rescued Oscar from such a sad state. I sure hope everything continues to get better for him and he finds a new home as well.
    What is the name of your African Grey?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    May I suggest you join a local bird club. You will make like friends, learn about birds and also may find a good person to take in Oscar.

http://www.dallasbirdsociety.org/dbs/default.aspx

Parrots

Heidi African Grey Timneh Oscar Eclectus
    Thanks for the replies. Yes that's a good idea about joining the DBS I'll look it up. I've had people interested in Oscar but not everyone understands the dietary requirements of these parrots and it's important for us to find the right home.

My African Grey's name is Heidi. She's wild caught poor thing so she's never going to be completely tame but we love her, right now she happy sitting on her plastic eggs taking care of the kids. After the first almost disaster when she laid 2 eggs one of which she had trouble with and had a broken shell I found these plastic eggs on the internet and since then whenever she starts to get broody I sneak the eggs into the cage one at a time and she seems quite happy with this arrangement.

Thanks again for the response.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

jtbirds (09-22-2014), plax (09-19-2014)