User Tag List

Thread: Is Poet talking already?

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.

Is Poet talking already?

I was trying to get Poet off of the top of her cage to put her to sleep for the night and she didn't want to come down. I kept on insisting and she kept on resisting. And then, I could have swore that I heard her say in a really croaky voice "I don't want to". That seems to be a bit much for a 5 month old. Maybe I imagined it

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-29-2014), Mare (08-31-2014), plax (08-29-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    How cool if she is!!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-29-2014)

If she did not say it in words, she got the message to you telepathically

6. The following 3 users like this post:

2birds (08-29-2014), kendrafitz (08-29-2014), Mare (08-31-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    How old is Poet? The timneh I had spoke her first words at 9 months of age.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    I was trying to get Poet off of the top of her cage to put her to sleep for the night and she didn't want to come down. I kept on insisting and she kept on resisting. And then, I could have swore that I heard her say in a really croaky voice "I don't want to". That seems to be a bit much for a 5 month old. Maybe I imagined it
    I don't know, Lori... considering that Zaf can carve his initial in the plastic case of a television remote control unit, I wouldn't rule out anything . I'm sure you'll know soon enough
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (08-29-2014), Mare (08-31-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    I don't know, Lori... considering that Zaf can carve his initial in the plastic case of a television remote control unit, I wouldn't rule out anything . I'm sure you'll know soon enough
    You do realize that Zaf now OWNS that tv. LOL

11. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-30-2014), Mare (08-31-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    You do realize that Zaf now OWNS that tv. LOL
    Yep. He's the dominant force around here it seems
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Really, Wow, how awesome~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    How old is Poet? The timneh I had spoke her first words at 9 months of age.
    She is only five months old. She is practicing though, she's making a lot of other sounds other than her natural ones.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I hear those African Greys are awful smart..it wouldn't surprise me, that's for sure! My cockatoos will tell me what's up, in so many words, without a human word! You may just be learning how to read your lovely Poet