User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poet went to work

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I'm so happy that Poet had fun at work with you. It must be so much fun to,have her there!
    Yes it was Kendra. I probably won't bring her this week because all of the big bosses are here until tomorrow. My niece will come over to keep everyone company.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Stinks for you, I'm sure you will miss her. But Poet will have some good company!
    Rosie & Kendra

3. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-29-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wow! I'm just now reading this, Lori! That's so cool that you could take Poet to work! Yeah, I agree, a bigger cage is going to be needed if you continue to take her. Gnarly accident, too, for your previous birds thankfully, it came out with a happy ending.

5. The following user likes this post:

2birds (09-07-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    I brought Poet to work with me again yesterday. Everything went great and she still loves my friend Dave. I took some photos of them together so I can send them to him.
    On the way home I met up with my friend Julia (the one who has Kilo) in front of Don Pablos because she was on her way to the mall and wanted to give me something. So, I get out of the car and chat with her for a few minutes and then we both go on our separate ways. As I am driving I happened to look down and realized the Poet had gotten a hold of the $20 scratch off ticket that I bought and chewed off a whole corner of it. Of course it was the part that had the bar code which made it null and void. My morbid curiosity still wanted to know what was on there so I scratched it all off to discover that I could have won $100.00 Thanks Poet. The funny thing is, I never buy those things. I just heard the guys talking about it at work and decided to give it a shot.

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-02-2015)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    I brought Poet to work with me again yesterday. Everything went great and she still loves my friend Dave. I took some photos of them together so I can send them to him.
    On the way home I met up with my friend Julia (the one who has Kilo) in front of Don Pablos because she was on her way to the mall and wanted to give me something. So, I get out of the car and chat with her for a few minutes and then we both go on our separate ways. As I am driving I happened to look down and realized the Poet had gotten a hold of the $20 scratch off ticket that I bought and chewed off a whole corner of it. Of course it was the part that had the bar code which made it null and void. My morbid curiosity still wanted to know what was on there so I scratched it all off to discover that I could have won $100.00 Thanks Poet. The funny thing is, I never buy those things. I just heard the guys talking about it at work and decided to give it a shot.
    Gee Poet, way to go! NOT!! Ah well... just one of the many ongoing sacrifices we must accept to have these wonderful feathered kids in our lives . And BTW, about 3 weeks ago I won $500 on one of our lottery's number pick games. I only wish I could do it more often . Thankfully I didn't let any of my 4 guys anywhere near the ticket and was thus able to successfully claim the cash prize
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (09-06-2014), froggij (10-14-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Ugh!! I wonder if there is any way they can still take it. It never hurts to ask, the explanation may give the clerk enough of a chuckle to let it go.
    Rosie & Kendra

11. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (09-07-2014), Lady (09-06-2014)

Parrots

Yeah, just tell them the O'l my bird ate it story LOL

13. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (09-07-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    Yeah, just tell them the O'l my bird ate it story LOL
    You might try presenting the ticket to your lottery's officials at their headquarters. Who knows... they may validate the ticket despite its damage. And they may even be interested in using your story as a publicity/promotional item. Our lottery commission uses personal stories all the time as a way to inspire people to play their games. As Kendra mentioned, you'll never know until you ask them
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

15. The following user likes this post:

2birds (09-07-2014)

Parrots

Senegals, Black Headed Caique.
    Hello friends, i also take my parrots at work when it is neccessary.All 3 of them!!!They are quiet and good birds,and everyone liek them.

17. The following user likes this post:

2birds (10-28-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    That's great Nikol. You guys are very lucky to be able to do that!