User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's finally home

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.

She's finally home

My baby grey finally came home with me yesterday. Her name is Poet. She did great with the car ride. Very curious about everything and didn't seem frightened at all. She got a little fidgety in the carrier when the sun started going down so I open the door and put my hand in there an she fell asleep next to my hand. When I brought her into the house she was afraid of the cage and growled a bit. Today she is doing well and sitting with me now. She's fascinated with my ear and I really, really really hope I don't get a free ear piercing.

Poet

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-14-2014), plax (08-13-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

She's finally home

Poet is beautiful!!!! I am so glad she is settling in so well. You must be over the moon!

All the pics are great - I especially LOVE the pic of her sleeping!!
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    What a beautiful grey girl.. and she appears to be a real sweetheart . Congratulations to both of you, Lori! It sounds like she's beginning to settle in quite well already. And your pics of Poet are wonderful

So how many birds do you now have? 3 or 4? And are you going to change your username to "3birds" or more?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (08-14-2014), Macaw Lover (08-14-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What a contented look she has on her face. She is precious, congratulations to you on your new arrival. Poet is a wonderful name. May your days be filled with fun, laughter and tons of love~

8. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    She's such a baby still and she makes these cute baby sounds. I can't wait until she's comfortable enough to be loud and boisterous. I was getting a little worried late this morning because I hadn't seen her eat any of her food so I gave her a small amount of formula and it did the trick. The Breeder sent some home with her just in case. She went right to her dish and started eating her pellets after that. I have also been giving her little treats as I walk by her. A green bean here, a almond there, a little piece of melon, a noodle, a piece of kale. The only thing she really didn't like was the noodle and that's fine with me. I really like her curious nature.
    This will make three and no more Tony. Although, I'm sure I could be persuaded if a bird came up that needed refuge even if it was temporary. Three is all I really comfortably have room for though. Kilo is still and will forever be with my friend Julia. When I go over there he gets really quiet. He still doesn't like me but loves Julia and Kevin.

10. The following user likes this post:

plax (08-14-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Very pretty Looks so sweet.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

12. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    beautiful name and such innocent eyes.. for now

14. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm so excited for you, Lori! Poet is gorgeous! It would be hard for me to imagine "bringing up baby" . I look forward to hearing all about it!

16. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Congrats and just remember, if you do get a free ear piercing you can always go and get a big diamond earring to fill it up with.

18. The following user likes this post:

2birds (08-14-2014)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by jtbirds View Post
    beautiful name and such innocent eyes.. for now
    I like the look of adult grey eyes. Very cunning and cat like at times.