User Tag List

Thread: Panama Amazon seeking new home

Panama Amazon seeking new home

After posting him for sale on Craigslist and finding the responses I got on there unsatisfactory, I'm coming to you lovely forumites!

I was not told until after purchasing a home that large, noisy parrots were not welcome in the community, so my amazon PD has to find a new home. He comes with his large cage, climbing tree, travel cage, and a large box of toys, though he usually ignores them in favor of a roll of toilet paper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TP.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	2207

He does have that male amazon attitude, so his good moods lead to him being wonderfully cuddly and affectionate, talking up a storm with you, but his bad moods leave him nasty and itching to bite, so I'd prefer he go to a home without children or other animals that might reach out to him. He also much prefers a woman owner.

I live on the central coast of California, but am willing to drive a few hours and meet you in the middle with him.

Thank you!

2. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-15-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh my goodness what a handsome boy he is. I surely hope you find the right person/persons to give him all the love and attention he desires~

Hi Im very interested in your Panama Amazon. Im currently disabled so Im home 99 percent of the time. I am ready to add a wonderful feathered friend to my family. I have experience with cockatoos and am interested in something more vibrant. I can give him the love, attention and devotion he deserves. Hope to hear back from you
    Adriana

WARNING - the above user steelersap07 posted on another forum where a free Macaw was listed back on 4-4-14 Adriana's posting appeared today at 2:16 am

I would not be comfortable rehoming a bird to this person if they are scanning the forums just for free birds.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Many people seeking free birds are looking to sell back to make a profit from experience with rescuing for years now! Any one extremely interested will go through a process and a phase of getting to know the person/bird first. There are some exceptions, but nothing should be ruled out when looking for a home for such an amazing creature.

Why is it that I just cant have a fancy for a bird. Im not picky but im looking to expand my forever home. Id really love a parrot or macaw. Im not gonna be selling him or rehoming him. I want him to be a part of my life. Geez im am more than willing to have home checks to check the well being og him. Im not opposed to that at all.

Well this will be my first Amazon and would love to know more about him. What treats does he like? Does he like a certain kind of music? Our cockatoo loves alternative music haha. Do you have him on a special diet? Whats his daily routines like?
    Thank you
    Adriana

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersap07 View Post
    Why is it that I just cant have a fancy for a bird. Im not picky but im looking to expand my forever home. Id really love a parrot or macaw. Im not gonna be selling him or rehoming him. I want him to be a part of my life. Geez im am more than willing to have home checks to check the well being og him. Im not opposed to that at all.
    That's fine, Adriana. There's nothing wrong with doing that. However, there are a lot of 'bird flippers' out there who suddenly appear on rehome threads and come across very much like you have done within your initial reply. You should be able to understand that we don't support people acquiring birds merely to resell them for profit. Sadly there there quite a few folks around these days who engage in the bird flipping practice . As such, suspicion is essential when it comes to finding a great forever home for a feathered one. Consequently, I've taken the liberty to research you a bit... the information shows that you are likely a heavy smoker. I have to say that a smoker's environment would not be healthy for a parrot. Wouldn't you agree with me on this? If not, you would do well to research how sensitive and vulnerable the respiratory systems of our avian friends happen to be.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

jtbirds (08-16-2014), Macaw Lover (08-17-2014)

Thats kind of crazy that you researched me. Im not a smoker. I quit March 6 of this year. Im not intending on flipping these birds at all. Im looking for a companion and as I already have enough dogs I decided a bird would fit perfect in my home. I have more than enough room and am excitedly looking forward to finding one.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersap07 View Post
    Thats kind of crazy that you researched me. Im not a smoker. I quit March 6 of this year. Im not intending on flipping these birds at all. Im looking for a companion and as I already have enough dogs I decided a bird would fit perfect in my home. I have more than enough room and am excitedly looking forward to finding one.
    Not so crazy. The well-being of pet birds is very important to me. Don't you think it's important enough to warrant some research? People may claim anything to try and get what they want.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

13. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (08-18-2014)