User Tag List

Thread: blue and gold macaw for sale

blue and gold macaw for sale

we have a blue and gold macaw, approximately 10 years old, very sweet. however, we dont have the time for her anymore. she needs to go to a good home. someone who can give her the love and attention she needs. we are in harford county, maryland. if you or anyone you know is interested, please contact me.
    Last edited by mochamoose; 07-28-2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: typo

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Why would you have a macaw without thinking about how much time you would have for her/him? Taking on a bird, in my opinion, is like taking on a child. They are suppose to be around you for life. I commend you for asking folks if there may be an interest to help out this bird but my thoughts are,,,no comment

3. The following user likes this post:

josiesmom (07-28-2014)

I'm well aware of that. when we adopted her 7 years ago, we had plenty of time for her. since then, some unexpected things have occurred and we can no longer keep her. stop and think for a second. you dont know whats happening in our lives. things happen that you arent always prepared for. point is, she needs a good home.
    Last edited by mochamoose; 07-28-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    What is she like? Who does she get along with? Men, women, both? Who is she bonded to in your family? Does she like to be around other birds or does she like to be the only one? Is she playful, cuddly, standoffish? What are her likes dislikes? What are her bad habits? Good habits?

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-28-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I agree with Lori. The more info the better! That will help ensure she ends up with the right family.
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    mochamoose, I apologize for being gruff. It gets my goat when this happens, even though I understand why and how it happens. I was just this morning talking with my family about what will happen to my birds if something happened to me and couldn't be here for them, it's a reality that has to be faced. I just sometimes think,,what if this was your kid? Wouldn't you try and work it so you didn't have to give your kid away?

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    More info is always better! My other thought is look into taking her to a good rescue that will find her a good home. Many people buying birds may be looking to breed as well.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    I hope that you are able to find a wonderful home for her!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C