User Tag List

Thread: MORE, free flying birds!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

MORE, free flying birds!

I'm so excited! . My daughter is a massage therapist and just this morning, was telling me about a client of hers. Katie will travel to homes of some of her clients to work on them. She went to this lady's house yesterday and 'lol and behold', she has an outdoor aviary! and not just any ol' outdoor aviary,,it has an open door where her birds come and go at will! She has finches, love birds and cockatiels! They sleep in their aviary at night and come in for food and water. This is such a refreshing thing for me to hear! I was really hoping that I wasn't the only crazy bird lady..confirmed, NOT!

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-13-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    That's very interesting, and perhaps just what you need, Mare... meeting another carer of feathered companions with outdoor freedom . I'm sure you two should have lots of stories and thoughts to share . Congrats!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Mare your story is unique and almost un heard of, I'm glad someone else has supported your thought because i know it may be hard to find that!!

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    That's a neat idea I wish I lived somewhere warmer [and my birds could all get along} .I would try that!
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    That's great!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I truly don't advocate free flight but it works with Mi Amigo. I just found that my heart skips a beat when hearing of others doing the same!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Terri, the getting along thing would be an issue, for sure! I think that Sassy would be a great candidate for free flight but Amigo would totally ruin it for her..butt head that he is

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    Well mare I have maxx back free flying ,but have not let him out for the last week as I have chicks due in a week and dont want to lose him again as its taken all this time just to get them to mate again since his last 7 week adventure. He will be let out once they hatch.

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Steve, HI! Haven't heard from you in a while! I hope your health is well ? It's got to be killing him not to be..what's the words,,allowed to be free?..set free?.. He has a mate that keeps him centered, this is good