User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm considering something...

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    being passionate is a good quality in anything and anyone. Long ago tony on the forum we met do you remember my passion that no bird needed to scream 8 hours a day and how i was ran to the ground because i was wrong and abusive for stopping a screaming cockatoo. When in all reality all it did was hurt the bird to be screaming 8 hours a day because it is an addiction? Hardly anyone, but terri viewed it the same as me.. I feel your pain but I didn't hound on it at all.

You know i'm around to support you and do whats best if you want you know my pm is open to just freely, uncaringly discuss anything. Your a great friend and person and your views are correct. Everyone is free to views if those differ from yours they can be "removed" which is what happened so as a part of the mod team working toward keeping the correct views in mind is what the future should hold.

As i said my pm is always open.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

jacksmom (06-28-2014), plax (06-28-2014)

94lt1...I have seen nothing anymore that needs to be defended against. I can appreciate wanting to defend yourself while it is going on, I suppose...but what are you proposing we attack? Old threads? Ghosts? Silly...I am sorry I did not spend enough time being "supportive", in any sort of wishy washy sort of way - I am just not that kind of girl. Take me with my blunt edge, or not at all, I guess. I can promise you that I have nothing but Tony's best interests at heart - though I think it admirable you want to defend your friend...don't you think he would be happier NOT talking about it every day? Maybe happier moving on from it, since the community left seems to think it better dropped?

4. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (06-28-2014), Mare (06-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9250412&type=1

Ok,,,just replace the word Facebook with PP and we've got a GO!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-28-2014), plax (06-28-2014)

Parrots

Rose Breasted Cockatoo Murphy and Palm Cockatoo baby Poe, Queen of Bavaria and Elvis a Spanish Timbrado and a rehomed Luci, another Palm Cockatoo
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    i feel that people should be able to know the truth of what's transpired.. And see everything for what it is.. Then at least all of the cards will be on the table..

I say go for it man..
    Go for it! Let people know exactly what happen and decide for themselves. These other people need to be exposed for who they really are. I believe you 100% and your honesty is obvious!

8. The following user likes this post:

plax (07-01-2014)

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    94lt1...I have seen nothing anymore that needs to be defended against. I can appreciate wanting to defend yourself while it is going on, I suppose...but what are you proposing we attack? Old threads? Ghosts? Silly...I am sorry I did not spend enough time being "supportive", in any sort of wishy washy sort of way - I am just not that kind of girl. Take me with my blunt edge, or not at all, I guess. I can promise you that I have nothing but Tony's best interests at heart - though I think it admirable you want to defend your friend...don't you think he would be happier NOT talking about it every day? Maybe happier moving on from it, since the community left seems to think it better dropped?
    You may see it as silly.. But I see it as turning on the lights and letting the roaches scurry.. I have no personal stake in this..

Do you know that it's not still going on.. Though it may not be going on here..

I have nothing against being blunt.. Trust me.. When it comes to being blunt, I'm a 10 lb maul..

The idea here isn't to attack anyone.. It's to simply(if decided) lay it on the table.. And for those who want to know.. And perhaps those that need to know.. To be able to use it as a point of reference.

If I were calling for an attack.. I wouldn't call.. I'd lead.. And I'd do it on my own.. That's that. This isn't a situation like that.. It's a situation where a good man is being slandered and people are playing games..

I see your point.. Thinking of this as fighting ghosts.. And if an attack was the intent, it would definitely be futile. But this is opening the archives, so to speak.. I see it more like fighting for a person's honor.. With a pen... And the other people wrote the script.

Should Tony decide not to do this.. That's awesome too.. Whatever you decide Tony.. I'm with ya.

10. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (06-28-2014)

94Lt1...I have no time left this morning- but I just wanted to say I can tell we will get along very well!

12. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (06-29-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Wow Tony, There is a lot of people here who really care about you. Every persons opinion on what they think you should do may differ but the one common thread is that everyone here cares about you, the forum and they want you to prosper. I think that is a pretty neat thing.
    If my two cents is worth anything, I would say drop it, continue on in a positive manner, and let what you really stand for shine. But, I also understand your need to clear the air so to speak. So, whatever you choose is the better thing, just do it and move on.
    Last edited by 2birds; 06-28-2014 at 03:33 PM.

14. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-28-2014), Mare (06-28-2014), plax (06-28-2014)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Thanks for your thoughts and sentiments, Lori
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I wish to inform everyone that I have decided NOT to change the permissions on the administrator discussion thread. I did receive a threat of legal action in response to my starting this 'Controversial Topics' thread on considering the permissions change. I want to clarify, however, that said threat of legal action is not why I have decided against making the administrator discussion thread accessible to everyone. I will explain further below.

To begin with, I don't believe there is any legal precedent that would preclude my changing the permissions on the administrator discussion thread from its current state, which, as it stands, allows full access by all members of this website's administrator usergroup. And next, it has neither been stated nor implied that the administrator discussion thread is intended to be a private or personal message exchange facility for myself or other individuals who may have posted messages therein. And finally, my contemplation on possibly changing the permissions for the administrator discussion thread was in no way motivated by a desire to reveal message dialogs therein - I have no desire whatever to do that. Instead, I was considering the permission change for the sole purpose of exposing the false claims against me that have been generated and disseminated since the outset of the bird protection conflict.

One relevant factor that should be mentioned concerning the administrator discussion thread and the privacy/secrecy of its contents, which many of you may not realize, will hopefully become clear with what I'm about to explain. If I ever appoint another administrator on this message board, that person will automatically receive inherent access rights to said administrator discussion thread. And this is because the vBulletin category structure and associated forum permissions must accord to each parent forum's usergroup permissions assignment. To serve as an example, I will point out that exactly the same situation is true for our newly appointed Super Moderators, who each inherently receive full access to all of our Moderator section discussion threads once their moderator status privileges have been implemented. So it is by design that no usergroup permissioned threads (which all in fact are) qualify as private threads. Instead, some of them merely have access restrictions according to their respective usergroup permissions. And that is exactly the case with the threads under the administrator section. They are merely threads with restricted access per their usergroup permissions. The distinction between thread permission restrictions and private communications facilitation is very significant, and very important.

In summary, the administrator discussion thread has never been intended to serve as a private line of communications between persons who have exchanged or persons who, at a future point, may exchange messages there. Despite this fact, however, at this time I have no plans to change permissions on the administrator discussion thread or its parent forum. Ultimately, folks typically believe what they wish, and whom they choose. I realize there is no way for me to change inclinations in this regard. But in the end, the mass support for false assertions that has been demonstrated throughout this conflict will not change the truth.

I am locking this thread. As a final gesture, I would like to thank each of you who has offered your sincere thoughts on this disturbing matter.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

Response to Post #35

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyWendy
    Where to start in this GENUINE mess YOU (all on your own) created, Tony.
    In truth, you yourself played a huge role in our rough road at the beginning, Wendy. You were the one who couldn't handle not being able to dominate the scene. Whenever something didn't accord to your wishes you would somehow feel compelled to throw one of your many tantrums. You discouraged my friend Danielle from her generous offer to create our original site banner... which pressed me into doing all of the graphics for this website. All three of us had agreed that Danielle would be the one to create our banner, not me, and not you. Yet you kept creating and submitting banner prototypes while Danielle was working on the project. And each time during the course of our many discussions that I disagreed with one of your actions and courteously expressed why, you proceeded to harshly reprimand me with criticism. And with each such reprimand, strangely you would insist that I had hurled uncalled for, hurtful insults toward you... despite that no such thing had occurred. Those erroneous accusations of yours always seemed to appear out of left field. The truth is, Wendy, that I never insulted you during our discussions. The only explanation I can think of for your repeated false accusations is that you must be hypersensitive to the point that you read in nonexistent meaning from between the lines, then convince yourself that your erroneous interpretations are correct.

I won't quote any of your text from within our admin thread, here. But as an example of my bewilderment with your accusations I will post one of my responses to you from April 7, 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by plax
    Wendy K, I've replied to your PM. You keep saying that I've stated hurtful things to you today... I can't think of any. Please quote them for me if you would. The only thing that comes to mind is that you misinterpreted some of my statements (e.g., you said that I was inferring it was me alone who is worthy of the credit for our progress - a complete untruth!). As I've touched upon in my response to your PM, when someone begins falsely accusing me of saying or meaning some negative which I in fact did not say or mean, I may become rather bitter in subsequent exchanges with said individual. But even considering that fact, I can't think of anything I've stated to you today that could reasonably be considered as hurtful by intent. Discussing the relative size of Ripley's head in a photo just doesn't seem that it should be able to hurt someone's feelings to me. I guess I don't get it.
    I've never once used insulting/derogatory terms or otherwise cruel comments towards you! You, however, have continually used criticism and sarcasm toward me

I WAS the third co-founder/Administrator of this forum. I didn’t JUST leave, I HAULED a$$ out of here after realizing it would be run by no other than a DICTATOR. Yes, Tony, that would be no other than you.
    And your above statement demonstrates how you're still prone to hurl out such rudeness, Wendy

Then I learned only recently you "un-administered" the TRUE founder of this forum, Wendy P, aka Honesty.
    I doubt she appreciates you telling folks that I removed her status. And it's more accurate to say that she and I were both the true founders here. Whereas you were invited aboard by a mutual agreement between Wendy P and myself because each of us considered you a great friend at the time.

You FREELY offered your servers, and not once mentioned that because you RAN them, your decisions on everything would have the last word. But that pretty much became VERY clear from the very beginning, hence my abrupt departure.
    What I encouraged was discussion about the pros and cons of each potential decision. It's not my fault that you repeatedly became offended and emotional when we didn't use your ideas. And yes, I not only offered my servers... I as well did so free of any hosting charges. Hosting of this website came at no cost whatever to either of you. I gladly provided and paid for the web hosting, as well as willingly installed and configured the software, created the customized code, did all of the set up and technical troubleshooting, created and maintained the redundancy systems, and ultimately did all of the graphics. I did everything that you had neither the knowledge nor the resources to do. And I didn't expect anything for it from you other than courtesy and reason. I guess that was too much to expect

I am fully prepared for you to pick my post apart, Tony, as you so gallantly do with EVERY post that has an opinion OTHER than yours. Unless, of course, you delete it, before anyone else has a chance to even see it. You dish out threats and ultimatums, and then try and convince the world you didn’t do either.
    As for threats and ultimatums, that's all in your mind. And I wasn't going to do a point-by-point on this 'sneak attack' post of yours, Wendy. But I got to thinking, why should I hide it? So I've undeleted it. And BTW, what's with all of the CAPS? You've always tended toward excessive CAPS for expression of emphasis, especially when you're feeling hostile toward someone. You should realize, Wendy, that your excessive CAPS style of emphasis makes it fairly easy to tell who you are, even when you don't want folks to know

To clear one thing up, this forum WAS Wendy Pearce’s baby from the VERY beginning. It was HER idea, and she worked very hard on convincing you that it “could” be a success.
    No argument from me about that. I was certainly not inclined to become involved in a message board at the beginning - this is one of the few accurate statements you've made here so far. Ultimately the reason I decided to involve myself in creating and hosting this website is because of our agreement that it would serve as a vehicle to promote pet bird safety ahead of all else - unlike so many other irresponsible bird forum sites (one of which you're intimately connected with).

You AGREED to let “us” use your servers.
    Wrong! Neither of "you" would have been able to use my servers, since neither of you knows anything about Linux server management and maintenance, including about root-level functionality or commands. Hence, your limited level of technical knowledge means that you were only suited to move into a management role at a preexisting, already functioning message board. You could not have done the installation, the set up, or the maintenance tasks from the ground up. And you certainly wouldn't have been able to do the custom coding tasks. I'm sorry, but I had to correct you on this, Wendy.

You AGREED to give it a shot, even though you were quite negative about the whole thing from the very beginning. And yes, I DO have emails from you to substantiate my statements.
    And I too have those emails. I have them all! You're correct on this in that I was indeed hesitant.

So now you are threatening to “open” the Admin section for the general public? DO IT! By all means, do us ALL a favor and show the world how Wendy and I both tried “reasoning” with you too many times to count. Do you think we had/have anything to hide?
    I'm quite certain from your above sarcastic remarks that you felt you were calling a bluff on my part. But I assure you it was no bluff! I was seriously considering revealing the truth to all. But I thought better of doing that because of the personal nature of certain unrelated items within our admin thread. I simply think it would have been inappropriate to reveal certain things. And concerning your purported attempts to reason with me, one of the main problems was that you never made effort to reason with me. And that's a hard fact! Instead, you threw your tantrums and continually criticized me. And on to your above question... Yes, Wendy... sadly, I DO know that you have some things to hide. I've in fact witnessed a few of them.

Look at your forum, for crying out loud, isn’t THAT message clear enough? You now want to rub personal things into people’s faces? Oh wait…that’s quite LIKE you, especially since Wendy and I were the only ones to openly talk about PERSONAL things in the Admin section. YOU, on the other hand, remain, and ALWAYS will remain a BIG, FAT secret. Heaven forbird Tony posts a picture of himself, heaven forbid Tony gets too personal. So go head, Tony, AIR the “dirty” laundry. Tony certainly never does wrong, does he? How big did that halo grow since I hauled butt out of here?
    Okay... reality check here. As for using personal matters against someone, you seem to think it's acceptable when you do it. You were the one claiming to folks behind my back that I'm "a psycho who hates women". I'd say that each of those claims is a considerably personal assertion against me... not to mention that each is entirely untrue! And speaking of personal comments, I'm unsure what your adjectives "BIG" and "FAT" are referring to in your above remark. But if they happen to be a sarcastic expression of speculation on your part that I may be overweight, you should probably rethink your assessment. I'm 5'9" @ 155 pounds. I work out regularly and I eat well. Sometimes the meaning of your sarcasm is difficult to interpret... so hopefully I've interpreted correctly in this case.

What else do you have? NOTHING. And why is that? Because you OVERACHIEVE at pushing people OUT of your life.
    Among other things, I have my beloved birds. Most compassionate bird-loving folks realize what a treasure these guys in fact are and I'm sure would not agree with you that I have NOTHING! Moreover, you don't know what else I may or may not possess. I think your speculative remarks here are inappropriate at best.

So, OPEN the admin section WIDE up. You've always done as you saw fit, you ALWAYS disregarded Wendy and my input.
    And that's another falsehood on your part. Wendy P had extensive input and effect upon the directions this website took. Although she may dispute it now (because she's angry with me), we discussed each potential action before its implementation and decided together what would take place. So once again, you're wrong, Wendy.

How much will you edit? How much will you allow folks to truly see? Oh wait, that's purely a rhetorical question, since I am confident that you will edit ONLY in your own personal favor.
    I've not edited one single thing. If you dispute that, I'm sure some of our members who managed to read your reply post here before I soft-deleted it can attest to the fact.

Popcorn anyone????
    Naturally you end on a note of sarcasm... you can be a rude individual at times, Wendy