User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to see the babies yesterday

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    While Poet and Metallica would certainly be unique, I think my vote will have to be for "Piper". I like that name!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Tony, Piper was the first thing that popped into my head. Of course, I keep trying to come up with different names for a choice but then Piper keeps coming back. LOL

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    Tony, Piper was the first thing that popped into my head. Of course, I keep trying to come up with different names for a choice but then Piper keeps coming back. LOL
    That sounds like a good indicator that maybe it should be her name to me
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

2birds (07-26-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Psittacus Erithacus: I could name her Eritha Franklin and call her Frankie for short. LOL

6. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-27-2014), Mare (07-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I love both Piper and Poet, Poet is so unique, that's the only reason I would lean that way. Once she gets home, no matter which name you choose, you may find her to be something totally different! I think because all my birds came with their names, they fit, Sassy IS Sassy, Amigo IS (Mi) Amigo and Chip LOVES chips

8. The following 3 users like this post:

2birds (07-28-2014), kendrafitz (07-28-2014), plax (07-28-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Went to see the babies yesterday

Hmmm... I like Piper, Poet & Frankie as a nickname. They are all great!! Metallica is good too but it is a mouthful.

I let the kids pick out my girls name. I let them do that with every pet and we allowed CW to pick Ashie's middle name. I feel like it helps make them feel more bonded. . Ashie picked Rosie and CW picked Rainbow. So she is Rosie Rainbow, but we all just call her Rosie.
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 07-28-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (07-29-2014), Mare (07-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    That's a pretty cool way to do it, Kendra! I'm not sure my kids would have been so kind! Maybe if we had a baby, young one..for sure, actually, they would have been kind...but mine came to me already named and temperaments, in tact!
    Last edited by Mare; 07-28-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Lol, yes with babies it is fairly easy. We have Bailey Taffy, Teddy Pumpkin and Rosie. Ashie's middle name is Elizabeth bc CW was 2 and watching Clifford at the time. He loved Emily Elizabeth, so there you go.

If they had to come up with a name for Rosie now it would probably be Loudmouth or something similarly complimentary.

Your names are perfect for your crew!
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (07-29-2014), Mare (07-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I don't think my kids would pick a name as complimentary as Loudmouth . Oh, no! No way!

15. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (07-29-2014), kendrafitz (07-28-2014)

Parrots

My sister allowed my oldest niece (five at the time) to name the youngest one when she was born. She wanted to name her Jessica Rabbit. LOL She was willing to compromise so her name became Jessica Rae.

17. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-29-2014)