User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to see the babies yesterday

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.

Went to see the babies yesterday

Man what a long day of driving, three hours each way. I don't think I am going to be able to talk my niece into going with me again. LOL. I want to visit more as they are such young babies. I get to choose between the two so I'm going back a few more times and see if one chooses me. They are really young, eight weeks. There is a little girl and a little boy. I am leaning towards the girl, she seems so soft, but in the end hopefully they decide. The boy is four days older than the girl. They heard new voices and were growling. My niece said that it sounded like a basket full of chihuahuas. Once they settled down they were trying to peek over the top to see what was going on, curious little ones. So guess what I forgot? My camera!!! "oops" Thankfully my niece had her phone with her.

the little boy

the little girl

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-18-2014), Mare (06-18-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    A basket full of chihuahuas ..haha! I'm not sure that chihuahuas would come to my mind... that 'grey growl' is quite unique

In the photos they look to be unsure just what to make from the attention they're receiving...but they are both absolutely adorable . What an amazingly awesome thing to look forward to! It's too bad that you have to travel such a distance to go visit with them

Thanks for sharing!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    They are both adorable! I hope one picks you, too, Lori . Does the breeder introduce them to a lot of sounds and new people? I can see how they would be leery, if not. The more you can be around them, the more you will know. (Psst..three hours each way isn't bad, in my opinion )

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    I guess chihuahuas entered her mind because it never entered her mind that birds would growl. She found that very fascinating and she is a little bit of a comedian too. They were a little unsure of the new sounds and people. The babies are just getting to the age where they are getting curious about other things besides food so their people will be stepping up the interaction and play time. I'm not sure if they introduce them to new sounds or not. A couple of people have told me that they really like their birds from them though. They were looking at the camera like "WHAT IS THAT?".
    Mare, I drive a lot more miles than a lot of people do so I didn't think that it would be so bad, but man my butt hurt after six hours in that seat. Cracker Barrel was a welcome sight. I drive an hour and a half to work and its heading in that direction so I think I will go visit after work once every two weeks or maybe even once a week if I can do it. That way I can see how they develop and get to know them. It will be less time in the car than waiting for one of my days off.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-19-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I always find it a funny thought when folks who live in town think that where I live, is a place they could never live,,too far from town. I have to drive a half hour, each way, to get to the nearest market, I love this part of my life .

To get anywhere important to me has always been a journey!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Id want to spend time with them too !!! Ive picked a lot of my birds that way .
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-19-2014)

Parrots

owned by jasper parrot CAG
    awww really sweet baby greys, i never met jasper when she was this young as she was the only one left of her clutch of three, and her siblings had already left. jasper was around 17 weeks when we brought her home

jasper parrot x

Parrots

It won't be long now, I'm thinking it will be sometime in the middle of next month. I've got everything pretty much set up for her.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-26-2014), Mare (07-26-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Exciting! So you are getting the little girl? Have you been thinking of names?

Parrots

Just heard from the breeder yesterday. She said that they are flying and that they should be ready to go in two weeks. It's not 100% that she's a girl but the breeder seems to be pretty sure. She said that she can pretty much tell by the head shape, her shade of grey and the way she postures when being fed. All of this would be comparing with clutch mates not birds from different clutches. She also said that she could be wrong but she doesn't think so. I'll find out for sure what gender it is when I get a check up done on her. As for names, well, I was thinking Piper, Poet, or Metallica. I wanted to name her something that is kind of unusual for a bird, I kind of wanted to stay away from human names, and wanted to stay away from gender specific names. Although I wouldn't mind if a boy had a feminine sounding name or a girl had a masculine sounding name. What do you think of those names or if you have any suggestions feel free.

15. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-27-2014), Mare (07-28-2014)