User Tag List

Thread: Finding a lost African Grey (Returned)

Parrots

2 Normal Grey Cockatiels, One male (Yoshi) , One female (Mitsu)

Finding a lost African Grey (Returned)

This is a thread where I will be telling you a story about how I was introduced to the life of parrothood. Me & my father were out for a walk when we found a parrot laying on a fence at a park. It was shivering. At this time I did not know what type or what it was. I mean it was the first time i seen it. I felt bad for the bird so i wrapped it up in my jacket and bought it home and put it next to the heater and fed it apples, seeds etc. I had to find out what they eat on the net lol had it for two days and after searching for its owners all over the net i finally found a lost parrot ad on facebook. I messaged the owner and he came to collect it. The parrot got so happy and started to kiss the owner it was so amazing seeing it happy. The owner gave me £200 for my troubles but i rejected it i mean why would i take it the happiness of the parrot made me feel much better. It makes my blood boil when people steal parrots. The parrots name was lulu and the owner bought it when his son was born who was now 13. The bond between the parrot and son was amazing. After that i wanted a parrot lol. I researched and found that cockatiels would be perfect for me so i looked into their diet, behaviours etc for a while and finally bought two i will never regret that decision. Amazing pets. The owner couldnt thank me enough for looking after it i also felt good for looking after them.

2. The following user likes this post:

plax (06-04-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Wow, Adeel... I can tell it was quite a touching experience for you! I'm very happy to learn that you were able to reunite the Grey with its family . It's very likely that you saved its life!! The bird's family members being so overjoyed that you found their adored fid and located them to return it safely is indeed heartwarming. I would have been overjoyed, too. It's easy to see that you have the right stuff as far as being a great bird parent... I'm glad to know that you've opted to bring your Cockatiels into your life

Thanks very much for sharing this with us!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

No problem Plax! i think i was more touched than the owners when the parrot got happy i was over the moon lol

5. The following user likes this post:

plax (06-04-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    That is one really cool story. I hope that my birds never get loose, but if they do I hope that they come across someone like you.

Parrots

Thank you and I hope they never do too. It would be a total heartbreak going through that.

8. The following user likes this post:

2birds (06-04-2014)