User Tag List

Thread: thinking

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!

thinking

Tonight is a super full moon around here.. I am a deep thinking person in many ways I evaluate things and have trouble with what Some call a monkey mind.

While out looking over the moon at a crazy hour of night I couldn't do much but to think about all my lost kids. My dear babygirl came to mind and I spent some time next to her favorite tree and thought. She is still a tough subject for me, but I know when I am working with a tough bird baby is giving me strength. The weird part of this is I am not a religious person so I don't know how I feel this.

My point is just take time and remember those that have impacted you must because it is a great thing.

This post is probably irrelevant to many, but I figured why not share my thoughts.

have a nice night everyone and I hope you are all doing well.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-13-2014), Lady (09-10-2014), Mare (07-13-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Not irrelevant at all! Many of us are deeply connected with these guys. When one of them passes, it can easily generate a mental storm of thoughts, feelings, and memories that may return over and over indefinitely. We each may take a slightly different meaning from death, but I bet each of us is profoundly touched by considering the loss of a cherished feathered companion
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-13-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I can totally relate, Justin. Sad but true. It bums me out when my nights are disturbed by thoughts that shouldn't be there. Loved ones that are no longer here. I feel like I may need professional help at times! My hubs keeps me in line, though, yeah, no doubt,,,life is good.

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    This is a very relevant subject. I had a standard poodle that I was very close too and she adored me. Her death took me very much by surprise and I thought I woiuld never get over it. The weird part was that I had a lucid dream about it a month before she passed but I didn't know what it was about until after it happened. To this day I still feel her around sometimes. You don't have to be religious to feel. I don't think religion has anything to do with it.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    You guys really took this and soothed me thank you, tonight has been a trying one thats why I haven't been around. One of my mini macaws known for seizures.. Well i knew one night would be the last and sadly that had to be tonight. Koko was an amazing bird and sadly this was always a factor I knew would happen. I am truly distraught over it and am just trying to accept it a little better tonight.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I'm very sorry to hear about Koko, Justin ...it can be immeasurably hard sometimes . At least Koko is free from suffering now.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following user likes this post:

jtbirds (07-14-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Im so sorry Jt for your loss [I don't know how you do it]. Your such a strong person to put things in perspective ,you do better than I would. Take comfort in knowing you have helped give them the best life you could. I almost lost Harlow [My Macaw last week] ,we spent 2 days at Cornel.The thought that kept popping at my mind is enjoy them while you have them.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I am so very sorry to read about Koko. Knowing it is a possibility does not make a bit of difference. It hurts! Koko was so very lucky for the love and care you provided. I am sure Koko is sending you love and gratitude for the wonderful life you shared.
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm so sorry, Justin I've never had a bird die but can imagine your loss. Koko was a very lucky bird to have spent this time alive, in your care.

Parrots

Thank you guys you are so amazing! This week is a busy one for me I will update you all once everything that must occur does.

14. The following user likes this post:

plax (07-15-2014)