User Tag List

Thread: My Feelings

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

My Feelings

I'm going to be frank again. For many folks, the value of their human bonds outweighs their inclination to do what's noble and necessary for the health and safety of pets. Making matters worse, those folks who are inclined as such are often unlikely to admit the fact, even to themselves. And this tendency is all the more disturbing since it's virtually impenetrable.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... a mere statement from someone that they care about protecting pet birds from unnecessary tragedy does not place their concern about doing so above their desire to stick by their friends! There exists a rampant, collective tendency to relegate in this regard. And that tendency is extra disturbing since it curtails a great deal of active advocacy for defenseless companion birds. I personally cannot imagine how some folks are able to reconcile this truth. Sadly, the norm among many of our members has been either denial, or to simply ignore the matter altogether. Neither of those responses is something to be proud of!

I want to emphasize again that none of the demoted ex staff members here had ever, even once, acted upon any bird-harmful content. Not even once! This sad fact continues to speak volumes to me

While Precisely Parrots struggles through its death rattles on its way to a resting state, I can at least feel content that my priorities about bird protection and safety have correctly stood for the right reasons. I could never live with myself if I followed a group of fiends away from someone who was doing the right thing by imposing strict guidelines to protect pet birds at serious risk. It seems so easy for many folks to trivialize or dismiss this matter and simply go with the 'friendship flow' instead. But how many birds will die in agony and terror because those folks weren't there to step in when necessary? The Internet breeds danger for pet birds and too few folks are willing to actively stand against that danger!

There is nothing wrong with enjoying friendship and good times communicating with one's friends. But it should be incumbent upon each of those friends to set and follow some important personal priorities. Saying that the priorities exist is not enough. Actions are required... and so desperately needed!

The matter addressed herein is something that truly bothers me about this world and about people in general. For those who wish to continue condemning me, just realize that I am genuine to myself, and that I've tried to make a positive difference.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

BeakFace (05-31-2014), Kallaste (02-19-2015), Mare (05-30-2014)