User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby grey on the way!!!

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.

Baby grey on the way!!!

I've finally come to the decision of another bird and decided to go with a species that has intrigued me for as long as I can remember. The African Grey. I've been poking around for a while and talking to people and looking at various birds that I like. The truth of the matter is I love them all but cannot have them all. I've always liked the greys but was a little afraid to keep one. Everything that I hear about them with their phobias, biting and plucking kind of scared me off. Even though these things can be very real, I've come to the conclusion that a lot has to do with how they are or at least have been handled.
    I've spoken to the breeders and really like what they are about and how they handle their birds and babies. I'll probably go have a look in about three weeks to see for myself. A baby might even pick me out . They live about two hours away so if I'm lucky I'll be able to visit a few times and bring toys. So, it looks like a grey baby will be here around the end of July or August.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Maddy (05-15-2014), Mare (05-15-2014), Pinkbirdy (05-15-2014), Turquoise (05-15-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    That's exciting! Best of luck in your selection of a baby Grey, Lori
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Thanks, I'm really excited about it.

5. The following user likes this post:

plax (05-15-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Wow a baby grey!! That will be a nice addition to your flock. Greys are sweet birds and a lot of fun to be owned by.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    You are a braver woman than I! I wish you the best . Not sure why, it may be the pinning eyes, but these guys have always been too mysterious for me!

This is very exciting for you Lori

Parrots

Mare, I feel the same way about the cockatoos. I grew up with those pinning eyes so I'm comfortable with them. I have trouble figuring out the cockatoo with those black eyes, but I'm learning. LOL

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-21-2014)

Parrots

TAG: Cookie- female 30ish CAG: Kiwi- Male July 2004 CAG: Alice-Female August 2011 Alexis- Female June 20, 2012
    I have four of them. They are awesome. Congrats on the baby grey.

12. The following user likes this post:

2birds (06-10-2014)

Parrots

Thanks guys, I've never had a bird from a baby before so I'm pretty excited. I hope my guys receive it well.

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-21-2014)

Parrots

Pretty excited here, I'm going to see my baby next week. I'll have to take some pics.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-10-2014), Mare (06-10-2014)