User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May Photo Competition (Naptime/Bedtime Pics)

May Photo Competition (Naptime/Bedtime Pics)

OK folks, it is time to get the May Photo Competition started.

The subject matter chosen by George (Grey) will be 'Naptime/Bedtime Pics'. What I want to see is your absolutely favorite photo you have taken of your bird or birds (the whole flock is welcome) since you started keeping your feathered darling(s). I also want each of you to add your reason you feel the photo you have chosen is your absolute favorite. In other words, what does this photo say to you about your bird every time you look at it. I want to be able to feel what you feel through your photo and words.

The prize for this month's Photo Competition will be donated by Blanca (Blancaej). The prize Blanca is offering to the winner of this photo competition is a some yummy chocolates she makes. Now that is a super neat prize to win!!

The rules are pretty simple:

1. Only one entry per member per competition.

2. Please include a little info and names about your bird(s) along with the photo. It will be used
    to identify your entry on the poll along with your username.

3. No copy write photos. Please make sure you are the owner of
    the photo you enter.

4. Please, no photos that clearly endangers anyone or bird in any way that may be in your entry photo.

5. All photos to be entered in the competition need to be posted in this thread.

6. And the most important rule of all -- Lets Have Fun!!!

The competition starts today, the 9th of May and runs til the 21st of May.

The 22nd of May a poll will be added by me (Debra) with all of the photos in order of their posted date.

The poll will run for one week and will close on the 29th of May, unless otherwise noted.

De'Andrea (Turquoise) will announce the winner of the competition and post the winning photo on the 29th of May.
    The winner of this competition gets to choose the subject/theme for the June Photo Competition.

So, let the competition and fun begin!!!!

2. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (05-09-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Super Awesome subject for this month George!! Everyone on the forum should have at least one favorite Sleepy Naptime/Bedtime Parrot photo.

I look forward to seeing how utterly adorable and cute our feathered darlings can be in an innocent sleeping photo Mom or Dad has secretly snapped of them.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    This sounds great. So excited. How and where do we send our fid's pictures to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    What a great subject. There ought to be some really adorable photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Minamommy View Post
    This sounds great. So excited. How and where do we send our fid's pictures to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just post the pictures here! We will then compile all the pics for a vote.

7. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-12-2014)

Where are all our entries for this month?

Look forward to seeing them all

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-16-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Since Rosie barely ever naps - and opens her eyes whenever I even look her way when sleeping, I am out of this one. I swear that girl has Mommy radar!!
    Rosie & Kendra

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (05-16-2014), Mare (05-16-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I peeked under the sheet he likes to hang out under. He gives me this look like.."do you MIND??!! Can't a guy catch a nap around here? GOOD GRIEF!"

13. The following 7 users like this post:

2birds (05-17-2014), 94lt1 (05-18-2014), Debra (05-16-2014), Honesty (05-16-2014), kendrafitz (05-16-2014), Pinkbirdy (05-16-2014), plax (05-26-2014)

Love it Mare!

15. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-17-2014)

Parrots

Norbert~Thomas (english budgie)....Melon (lovebird)....Molly (pacific parrotlet)....Junior (American budgie)....Minty (green rumped parrotlet)
    Here is Minty...this photo was taken shortly after I got her, last August. She was such a little baby, she felt most comfy and cozy sleeping in her food dish! LOL Not any more. She's a big girl now and sleeps under her fleecy strips toy, way up high on a perch. But those baby days were so cute. They grow up way too fast. hee hee....

17. The following 9 users like this post:

2birds (05-17-2014), 94lt1 (05-18-2014), Debra (05-16-2014), Honesty (05-17-2014), kendrafitz (05-17-2014), Mare (05-17-2014), Penny (05-10-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-16-2014), plax (05-26-2014)