User Tag List

Thread: beaker is flying!

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure named Beaker, hatch date april 2013

beaker is flying!

poor beaker's wings were severely clipped when he came to us last august. at best all he could manage was a semi-controlled fall.

he turned a year old in april and he actually has some wing feathers! not all of them, but enough that the longest flights show even when his wings are folded down.

the other day he did an in-air turn and i don't know who was more surprised.....or happy! just now he flew to me (instead of walking) for the first time. it was a short flight, he still doesn't have enough feathery-ness to get any distance, but it's so good to see him discovering this ability.

here is a pic of him eating a strawberry...or is that a chunk of my finger? could be either. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beaker with berry.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	2112
    in 2010 i was hospitalized for approaching perfection

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-07-2014)

Great news on him trying to fly Shel. Once his wing feathers grow back fully, there will be no stop in him

He is loving his strawberry. This is Codie's favourite fruit!

That's wonderful news Shel!! He will be a pro before you know it.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    YAY! Beaker!! This is great news,,look out world!!

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.