User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yuna~A Special Hawk-Headed Parrot

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Livers are amazing in the fact they can rebuild them selves! What a great story and what a pretty girl!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-26-2013), keepsmiling (04-27-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I Keepsmiling [I just love her ] what a sweet sweet bird. I cant believe shes only 2.She also has a female look to her.Does she like to be out with you alot ?

4. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-27-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Thank you Alison,Shelly, and Terri. I hope that is the case, and that her liver does get better. She is such a trooper, and so sweet. She deserves to live a long and happy life. She will fly to be with you just to sit on your shoulder.She really is awesome.

Parrots

~Rizzy~the green cheek conure ~Lilou~the senegal
    What an awesome storey . . . you're her hero! How fortuante she was to have someone like you step in and take such good care of her. She's just beautiful Definitely meant to be.

7. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-27-2013)

Parrots

Jake the Yellow Nape and many other amazons
    Thank you for being there to help out a bird in need. She really looks happy and healthy, awesome bird.

PS what does Cochise have to say about Yuna ???
    Last edited by henpecked; 04-27-2013 at 02:19 AM.

9. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-27-2013)

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    Love it, love it, LOVE it!!!

Thank you SO much for sharing her story, and God Bless you for saving her!

11. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-27-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Thank you Richelle, Henpecked, and Kara, for the very nice comments. Cochise and Yuna, well.. I am afraid, to tell the truth. Cochise has lived with Holly since 09', in the same room. While they are not exactly snuggle buddies, Cochise does look after Holly, and he protects her. As the years have progressed, they have become closer, to the point where they do perch pretty close together. I have taken Yuna up to the doorway of the birdroom{It has a screen door instead of a solid door} and there have been excited exchanges of hawkhead sounds, and lots of cresty action. And Cochise starts marching towards the door, and gets this glazed look in his eye. If you know Hawkheads, you know that look. It is scary. I don't trust him with her, and fear he might hurt her, so I don't risk it. Yuna lives in my office, which is just a bedroom on the other side of the house{where I am now}, with Pico and Elfe. I also feared there would be a lot of calling having two hawkheads. But it is no more than usual, as long as she is not close to the birdroom.