User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclectus beak, too long?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Eclectus beak, too long?

A friend of mine on FB, who I use to work with, owns a salon and posted this pic today. This guy lives locally and brought his bird into the shop. He is doing upholstery work on her stylist chairs. I commented that his bird's beak needs a good trim and recommended my avian vet, if he needed one. She comments back that this guy has "70" BIRDS!! I thought, wow, then this guy should know what's going on but I'm guessing that he doesn't!

She's going to mention it to him, I hope he does a vet visit

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Awww, poor little dude

3. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-01-2014)

OMG, that is very long

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-01-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I just had Marleys [my Ekkies] beak done. Wonder if its a tendency with these guys ? This guys is WAY to long .
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (05-01-2014), Mare (05-01-2014)

Lucy's beak needs a trim once or twice a year. That boy's beak is just way too long. I wonder how he eats with it like that!

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-01-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Debra, I was wondering the same thing! My friend (who knows nothing about kept birds) asks me if this is a problem for the bird? I told her YES it could affect how he's able to eat and groom himself, let alone climb around his cage! I'll continue to check with her and hopefully the owner will get some help for this poor guy

Nobility Member

Parrots

You folks who have Ekkies, are they chewers? I know my cockatoos keep their beaks down with all the chewing they do.

Lucy isn't much of a chewer. She will occasionally shred paper and demolish a box, but wood? No.

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-03-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    No mine are not chewers .
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

15. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-03-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I wonder how they keep them filed down in the wild? Hmmm...