User Tag List

Thread: Eggs! :)

Eggs! :)

I bought a lutino ringneck pair on Friday for about $400 they were a breeders that he couldnt keep anymore. As we were moving the birds into their new cage and nest we dicovered they had just laid eggs! we kept an eye on the mother to make sure if she still accepted the eggs. She stayed on them the entire Saturday until the night we noticed she left them unattended that night including Sunday. So last night "Sunday" we went to buy a incubator from a breeder we purchased my baby pineapple gcc. He sold us a brand new one for $130. Which is cheap to other prices. We kept a eye on them till it was at the right temp. Hope they come out alright. They were without their mothers heat for about a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I wish I could help you, here, but I have no knowledge of hatching eggs Hoping someone comes along that can help..

Maybe Steve (coltfire) can help you with this one.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I know that some eggs can be left without constant sitting, for a bit of time, just not sure how much. When we had emus that laid eggs, (none ever hatched), the father was the one that sat, day and night. The female laid and the father sat, in the winter months, through rain and snow. I felt so sorry for them. We didn't have cover for them, except the cover of oak trees, and kept them in one of the horse arenas. These were emus we saved from being sent to slaughter and finally found a good home for but in the mean time,,she laid eggs,,and he sat on them. We would bring him bowls of emu feed and water, through this time.

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    Many species do not start to sit tightly until after the second egg is laid. That said, I would be surprised if the clutch was successful with a sudden move traumatizing them as they were going to nest. Best of luck

7. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (10-03-2015)

Ok she had laid 3 eggs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

9. The following user likes this post:

Debra (04-29-2014)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    They are likely ok.The hen will not sit on them until shes done laying.Once in a while they will sit on the ones she has layed for a while to warm them and then leave for a while...dont panic.Often the pair will come and go.They seem to know when the egg temp is right.We give ours about 30 days after the second egg was layed before we grow concerned about their viability.Its best not to disturb them.If you hit day 35 you will want to carefully remove a couple and candle them tomsee if there is anyone in there.Sometimes they will abandon them if they are duds...sometimes they will consume them if they are duds to gain back the nutrients theynhave put into them.If after 35 days and candling them they turn out to be dudsmyouncan remove them.Unless you remove the nest they will likely try again.We have foundvif the first batch are duds...the next one is usually viable.
    "Ivo"

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    haha five for the price of two. You got a bargain.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Hatching of eggs is not too difficult at all, bird keepers use different techniques for this purpose, some experts uses a few specially trained birds to hatch the eggs and these birds act their job perfectly. Try to locate such bird keepers. They are working this hatching process on commercial basis also

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Please note the date of this posting as it is over 1 year old.