User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a hoarder

I have a hoarder

Little Amber loves moulted feathers. Her's, Frankies, Tiels, Lucy's. It does not matter. I've even given her some macaw feathers! What does she do with them? Take a look:

That's her sleepy hut. I suppose it's not cushioned enough. lol

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Anne & Gang (04-27-2014), kendrafitz (04-27-2014), Mare (05-04-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-27-2014), Turquoise (05-04-2014)

Oh wow Debra. That is so cute I have never seen this before Do you think she is preparing for laying an egg?

No I don't. She just tucks all the feathers she can get under her sleepy hut. I give her all the tiel feathers I find when I'm in their room. If she doesn't like the offered feather she will attack it. If she does, she will run into her hut and take it then stuff it under the hut. If it falls to the bottom of her cage, she will go down, pick it up, and run up her ramps to her hut. It's the funniest thing! She looks so cute working with those feathers.

5. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-27-2014)

Oh, you have to try and get a video of her doing this

7. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-27-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    That's pretty adorable.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I would just love to hear our birds talk to us and tell us what is on their mind. Hoarder bird behavior. That is a new one.

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    That is so cute.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    That is so adorable!!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    How funny! Little Amber definitely has something in mind for those feathers!

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Well I would have thought the same as Wendy, preparing to make a nest for laying. Isn't the Quaker a nest builder instead of a hole nesting parrot? Seems like I read that about them somewhere.

Anyway, what an adorable array of feather decorating Little Amber has going. She believes in the softness of a featherbed.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~