User Tag List

Thread: A Woodpecker At Work!

A Woodpecker At Work!

It is funny how we were talking about Woodpeckers earlier! I have just seen this on FB. Just look at him chomping away at this tree

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-25-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

I have one of these doing the same thing to a tree stump in my yard! Those things are HUGE! They put my ekkie to shame.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-25-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Great share, Wendy! Woodpeckers are my nemesis! Here is a pick of the back of our garage, after they drill the holes they put acorns in them! Amigo HATES them in his tree, too!

We have smaller woodpeckers around here too. I see them at my feeders all the time. My acorn trees are full of their holes too.

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-25-2014)

Wow, that is amazing how they drill holes in your garage and put acorns in them! We don't have woodpeckers here!

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Man a parrot ain't got nothing on that darn bird! We have woodpeckers out here and I have to laugh at the one who comes around every year and pecks away at my window sills. My exterior of my house including the window frames is all metal. I tell him to "Knock himself out!"

I do get mad & chase him away when he pecks loud enough to disturb my sleep on work days or makes the dogs bark. Had to hang some tin foil strips in the bush by my bedroom window one year to keep him out. He was relentless with thinking he could whittle my sill away.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-26-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    The size of that hole is crazy. Woodpecker on steroids. I love the woodpeckers by my house, but then, they stick to the dead tree in the neighbors yard.

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-29-2014)