User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dakota Nakira'Too's Photo

Parrots

Norbert~Thomas (english budgie)....Melon (lovebird)....Molly (pacific parrotlet)....Junior (American budgie)....Minty (green rumped parrotlet)
    Wow! He's amazing. You must be so excited!!

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-02-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Where is your little guy coming from?

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Judi! I am very excited and waiting for the first photo so I felt I actually had a real bird was just as bad. LOL

Lori, Dakota is coming from Camelot Aviary which is in the Austin, TX. area. That is still 250 or more miles from me. I try to find aviaries in my state since I am not fond of having them shipped by plane to me. Ruby Jewel is the only one so far that came from another state & had to endure a flight and took it much better than I did I might add! She came out of Washington state. Amazingly there are quite a few aviaries in Texas, but I have not had much luck finding ones that raise Green Wing Macaws.

My Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita is coming from Laura's Little Parrots Aviary in Irving, TX. which is 160 miles east of me and is between Fort Worth and Dallas. My only living sister lives in Irving.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

De', I wish there were some way we could meet up when you go pick her up. I live in Winona which is about 80 miles or so from DFW. Unfortunately, with Jerry's school schedule we don't have much free time to go off for a day. He's taking a day off on his birthday to go to Denton for a movie and a meal with my daughter and her fiance. That will be a hardship on him. But it's for his birthday! His day. He deserves it. He doesn't want anything else. Just to spend some time with the kids --- and be back home before dark. lol.

But I would so love to meet you somewhere. It's a shame we won't be able to do it.

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-27-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Well golly gee whiz Debra, don't rule it out just yet!! The projected weaning date Wil be sometime in May. It has to fit into our off days and just maybe we could drive to your town after picking her up and meet you some place? I don't think a few extra miles will affect Serita too much and hopefully we can get her in the morning and be out your way by afternoon, even if for only an hour or two.

I want to meet you very much too & my Jerry won't mind driving that way. Ok, I may have to drive it, but seriously when I get a date & we set up the trip to pick Serita up I will let you know and see if it is possible. How's That sound to ya?
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

That sounds great! We could meet up somewhere between here and there!

9. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-02-2014)