User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dakota Nakira'Too's Photo

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    These guys easily raise their crest . When their happy ,excited interested Different meaning in them than my white Toos and Hawkhead. I should take pictures of the remote and perches hes chewed through
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-25-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh, wow! I didn't know that cockatoos eyes didn't pin! That is very cool. I guess it would be a learning curve for me though. I can tell a lot of what is going through my bosses mind by the pinning (or lack) of her eyes!
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Mare (04-25-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    Pinning eyes are a life saver. Especially with the psychedelic eye pin of a caique

6. The following 4 users like this post:

2birds (04-26-2014), kendrafitz (04-25-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Oh yes, the eye pinning from Codie has often saved me from having a chunk taken out of my arm! Amazons have very definite signs to show when they are angry, which is good. RB2's don't seem to give any warning signs if they are angry

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-25-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Goffin's don't show signs, either, not mine anyways. Ok, take that back,,,Sassy will get overly active and bouncy before she pounces. That would have to be the only body language she gives. Amigo..believe me..you just know!

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-25-2014)

LOL, angry too's are scarey

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Well I can't say that I will be too afraid of Dakota ' s beak. I mean geez, it ain't nothing like a macaw honker!! LOL

My macaws pin a lot, but it doesn't always mean they are mad or going to attack. They, at least mine pin at times of excitement and a split second later they are calm & mellow again. I do know when they are mad along with the eye pinning cause a macaw will definitely let you know with actions of body movement and like mine they will yell all the things they know how to say at me as if they are cussing me. They act like stumbling drunk birds when they get that mad and better not be messed with. Luckily they don't get that mad very often.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

13. The following 3 users like this post:

2birds (04-26-2014), kendrafitz (04-26-2014), Mare (04-26-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    How cute is that? He still looks like a baby. Love those little guys.

15. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I love the stumbling drunk bird description De! So funny!!! I don't get words thrown at me. I get angry shrieks, Mohawk and nipping - generally only happens when I try to remove her from me. So I don't even know about pinning since I am not looking at her eyes.

I am with you about pinning. I can tell when Rosie is really interested, paying attention and soaking something in with her pinning. New words, etc.
    Rosie & Kendra

17. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Lori. I really feel I will enjoy having a Too in the flock. They are my favorite as far as looks and he was hatched March 16th, so he won't be home til sometime in July at the earliest. That is the projected time frame for his weaning.

Kendra, Roscoe is my yeller and drunk acting one. Angle can yell at me some, but he mostly will just lunge when mad. Ruby Jewel does the Mohawk thing with her head feathers, but mostly with her if she does get mad which is rarely she will just ignore me and refuse to step up on my arm if out on her play perch. She actually has such a sweet personality so far, but hormones have not kicked in with her yet. So I better enjoy my sweet baby girl as long as I can.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

19. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-26-2014)