User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dakota Nakira'Too's Photo

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    He's perfect! From what I know of my Goffin's and U2, the raised head feathers aren't a sign of aggression or attitude as much as curiosity and wonder, as in, wonder what's going to happen next?!

Reading these birds, is everything, they speak to you with their body. Whoa,,if you misinterpret..you are in trouble!
    LOL, Mare actually I was referring to that little gleam in his eye I detect and the expression he has as if to say, "Who the Hell are you to be invading my privacy with that flashing bright light thingy in my face!"

I definitely will have to learn the body language of the Cockatoo since I have no experience with them at all.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-25-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    He is adorable!!! I love the looking over his shoulder pose.

I'm sorry that the breeder took so long to send pics. That stinks! Hopefully he does spend some time giving the babies love. Either way, I know he will get tons of loving from you once he gets home!!

I can't wait to read all about him once he makes his way to you!! You must be super excited!!!
    Thanks Kendra, I love the one with him looking over his shoulder the best too. I am very super excited, it will be a totally different experience for sure!
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Ha ha [hes cute ] .I do recall saying their devils when their babies
    Now I'm worried Terri! Surely Dakota won't be worse than a macaw on speed?! LOL
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    He is gorgeous De'! So excited for you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanks Blanca! I'm not normally excited to see summer get here coming from Texas, but this year I can't wait!! LOL
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Oh, he's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for you to get him so we can all get to know him and his antics.
    Thanks Debra!! It will be fun finding out just how much different Dakota is from the rest of my flock. I know Sierra my Pionus is way different and she is super funny. And temper, wow she can get mad in a hurry! They aren't lying when you read they tend to have some of the personality traits of an Amazon.
    ~~My Flock~~

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Now I'm worried Terri! Surely Dakota won't be worse than a macaw on speed?! LOL
    Haha, they are like lightening in their speed De'Andrea. I swear they can run as fast as roadrunner and they can chomp their way through a piece of wood quicker than a woodpecker

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    De'Andrea, you will find that their eyes don't pin! Yay! That's something that's always freaked me out! Pinning eyes! I'm sure you will be freaked out about that oddity also! NON-pinning eyes!! Can't wait to meet your newest addition!

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
    Haha, they are like lightening in their speed De'Andrea. I swear they can run as fast as roadrunner and they can chomp their way through a piece of wood quicker than a woodpecker
    Oh My! Dakota WILL be like a macaw on Speed then!! LOL

I better get my roller blades out & see if I can still manage to stay upright in them. Sounds like I'm gonna' need something to keep up with him. Now the wood chomping I am used to. He can be in competition with those macaw boys. They need someone to race with tearing up the toys. Anybody want to go in with me on buying our own lumber yard & wooden bead factory???
    ~~My Flock~~

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-25-2014), Mare (04-25-2014)

Parrots

Yes Mare the non pinning eyes will be totally different from my macaws! They are experts in pinning! I did know that Toos didn't pin their eyes. A member on a small forum I belong to has a Moluccan Too. She said they don't pin, but they do change shape ever so slightly and you can learn to read them by that.
    ~~My Flock~~

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-25-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yes, they have eye lids that tell all!

15. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)