User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Nakira'Too's Photo

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

Dakota Nakira'Too's Photo

OK everyone, I finally have my first photos of Dakota Nakira'Too my Rose Breasted Cockatoo. I must say I was expecting a more babyish photo with much less feathering. But he is already 5 weeks old, so I missed out on getting to see him as a Widdle Fabie. None the less getting to see photos of him make me feel like I actually do have a real Too & not just one in my mind. And I told that exact thing to the breeder Michael when he sent these to me yesterday. He is adorable in all his pink & grey suit!! Looks like he is going to be a handful as well. LOL

Michael has been promising to send me a photo for over 2 weeks now and as much as it is out of character for me, I remained patient and didn't pester him for photos. A lady I met on his FB page for his aviary has been keeping up with whether either of us had gotten the promised photos of our Fabies. She has one that is 9 days younger than Dakota. She got tired of waiting and called Michael Easter Sunday and wanted a photo. He got her one she said in like 5 mins, she shared it with me on my FB page. I decided not to bother him on a holiday, besides I had to work that night and didn't have time to devote to chasing down an elusive photo. Anyway, I don't expect to get anymore photos til Dakota is ready to come home later in the summer.

~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Anne & Gang (04-27-2014), Honesty (04-24-2014), Mare (04-24-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2014)

Awww, he is just adorable It is such a shame that the breeder has not sent you weekly photos of him. I am sure you would have loved to see how he has progressed through the weeks! Never mind though, we can see just how absolutely beautiful he is and it won't be long now until you have your Dakota Nakira home with you

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-24-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thank you Wendy!! Dakota looks like he will have a bit of an attitude! LOL I am thinking this breeder does not have the time to spend on his babies with one on one handling. So I feel I will have my work cut out for me and will have to hand tame this boy for the most part.

I am not 'Faint Of Heart' as I have "walked through the valleys of the shadow of evil" (~~in a sweet way~~The Macaw Kingdom~~) And am prepared to~~Love the Dickens out of this cutie!!
    ~~My Flock~~

6. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-24-2014)

Dakota looks like he is going to have the same sort of attitude that Codie has You will love him De'Andrea. RB2's are just so comical and have fantastic personalities!

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-24-2014)

Parrots

I've always read great things about RB2s. And you & Terri speak so highly of them that ya'll sold me on getting one. Soooo, if this one turns out to be the demon of all demon RB2s I may have to send him to each of his "Birdie God Mothers" (Wendy & Terri) for vacations! LOL
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    He is adorable!!! I love the looking over his shoulder pose.

I'm sorry that the breeder took so long to send pics. That stinks! Hopefully he does spend some time giving the babies love. Either way, I know he will get tons of loving from you once he gets home!!

I can't wait to read all about him once he makes his way to you!! You must be super excited!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

11. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Ha ha [hes cute ] .I do recall saying their devils when their babies
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

13. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    He is gorgeous De'! So excited for you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

15. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)

Oh, he's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for you to get him so we can all get to know him and his antics.

17. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    He's perfect! From what I know of my Goffin's and U2, the raised head feathers aren't a sign of aggression or attitude as much as curiosity and wonder, as in, wonder what's going to happen next?!

Reading these birds, is everything, they speak to you with their body. Whoa,,if you misinterpret..you are in trouble!
    Last edited by Mare; 04-25-2014 at 04:18 AM.

19. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-25-2014)