User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about my bird's beak

question about my bird's beak

Hello, this my first time in a forum so excuse any ignorance I might have.

I have a question I'm the proud dad of an almost 2 year old ring back parakeet. She is a gorgeous yellow with a red beak. She is very healthy and happy I think anyway.

Ok my question is her beak has lost some of the red off the tip. It's still complete but it's a clear color now. Does anyone know why this has happened?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hello king1974...

I'm assuming your new bird is an IRN parakeet. Is this correct? Your post has been moved to its own thread to allow more members to notice it. This will hopefully help generate more response to your question. If you can, you might consider posting a photo of your bird's beak.

Thanks And welcome to PP!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

3. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-20-2014)

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    Welcome to the forum! What is your bird's name? As Plax said, I'm guessing you have an Indian Ringneck Parakeet (IRN) that is a lutino mutation. Without a picture of the beak, its really hard to tell. It could very well be new growth. Beaks are made from keratin, the same material that forms your fingernails. It grows continuously and is usually kept groomed by the bird by rubbing its beak against hard surfaces or chewing wood blocks. The newer growth may be lighter than the older portions of the beak. Please post clear close-ups of the beak as well as the regular diet you feed, and if possible a picture of the cage setup. The more information you can provide, the better advice we can give. One standard piece of advice will be to have your pet regularly checked by an avian certified veterinarian or at least one that has a great deal of experience in the care of parrots. Look forward to hearing from you again.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-20-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

king1974 and welcome to PP.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your IRN

Yes Abigail is an IRP
    Using Tapatalk

Where do I go to attach photos?

Using Tapatalk

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    If you look above the textbox you use to respond to the thread, the third one from the right is to attach pictures. you can upload from your computer or use a web based photo-sharing site like photoboucket

Using Tapatalk

11. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-21-2014), Turquoise (04-26-2014)

Everyone met Abigail

Using Tapatalk

13. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-21-2014)

Abigail is adorable Her beak looks pretty normal to me! Could you possibly take a closer pic of her beak?