User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ~~My Secret Shall Now Be Revealed~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Yayyy! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! She is absolutely adorable!!!
    Thanks Kendra! It won't be long and Miss Serita will be home with us.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

Serita's Latest Photo

Here's Serita's latest update photo her breeder sent me. She said Serita is almost weaned, but still loves her baby food. I told Laura that as much as I want Serita home with me already, I want her to take all the time she needs to wean. She is adorable playing on her back, I know she will fit right in to our hearts.

~~My Flock~~

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Debra (04-24-2014), Honesty (04-24-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2014)

Now that is just an adorable pic of Sereta I think she is going to be a very sweet natured bird

Good on you for asking the breeder to keep her until she is fully weaned. I did this with Codie too

5. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-24-2014)

Parrots

Thanks Wendy, she does look to be good natured. That is good if she is since the big guy (Jerry) will need to learn how to handle her. After all, I wouldn't want him to lose a finger if she were to 'attack' him. LOL OK, seriously she does look so sweet. I do believe this breeder spends lots of loving time with her fabies before they go to their new homes. I know she doesn't mind sending photos and giving updates!

Yes, I totally believe in the breeders keeping the babies til they decide to wean, not the breeder getting tired of feeding them & kicking them out of the nest too soon. I know some folks want to finish them out. I personally feel the move from a secure home and the only mother they have known to a strange home & lurking human can really stress them out. At least if the are fully weaned and regress to a little comfort foods, they usually get over that in a hurry with loving parronts to continue nurturing them with kindness. ((~*hug*~inserted here since my internet is fighting with me again))
    ~~My Flock~~

7. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-24-2014)

Well said De'Andrea It is nice to find a breeder that cares so much about their birds. I am always wary of the ones that are willing to palm them off before they are fully weaned

I am sure Jerry is going to love Sereta

9. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-24-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh my!!! Serita is the cutest thing ever! I think she is going to be so much fun! Jerry will be wrapped around her little talon. . I love this pic, what a fun, sweet girl!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

I can already tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl. She just has that look about her.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Oh my!!! Serita is the cutest thing ever! I think she is going to be so much fun! Jerry will be wrapped around her little talon. . I love this pic, what a fun, sweet girl!!!
    Thanks Kendra! Jerry better be wrapped around her little talon cause lord knows I already have plenty of birds. He needs one to 'pine' over his not being in close proximity of them. LOL She does look like she is going to be a character and very playful!!
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I can already tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl. She just has that look about her.
    Thanks Debra! Daddy better appreciate her and keep her happy and spoiled or she may just try to run off with a big scrappy macaw boy (Roscoe) when she becomes a teenager just for spite! LOL

Serita does look like she will be demanding attention from her favorite guy~~Daddy!!
    ~~My Flock~~