User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~My Secret Shall Now Be Revealed~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~My Secret Shall Now Be Revealed~~

As some of you have read I recently (in Feb.) lost my Pineapple Green Cheek girl Peta. I found her dead in her snuggle hut one morning when I went to feed her. At the time I didn't have any idea why she had suddenly died. It took me 3 weeks before I could bring myself to clean her cage out. I just left it the way it was the last time I'd seen her alive which was the night before. It was comforting to walk by the cage and think she was just hiding in her hut and not gone forever. When I did clean her cage out I found in the corner a small egg she had laid and I am almost certain she must have died from being egg bound and I feel so guilty of not knowing about it in time and could have helped her. She never showed indication she was laying and it was the first egg I had ever seen from her in the two yrs I had owned her. She was around 8 yrs old, so she was the right age to start laying, but truthfully I was never sure she was even a she. Her former owner said she was, but I never had her DNA tested.

Peta was Jerry's bird in that she was the only one of our birds that loved him as much as she did me. And her former owner said she hated men since she hated her ex-husband. Jerry has been really upset over losing her and we both have so missed her sweet chirps and cute face greeting us every day. Jerry has been asking me if we will get another one and I was not sure if I wanted to yet. But with Jerry's sadness I decided to just check what was available and low & behold a little fabie Pineapple Green Cheek girl was waiting just for us! She will be ready to come home sometime next month and is such a cutie as these photos will show ya'll. The first 2 photos were from about 3 weeks ago and the others are 2 weeks and last week. She is growing fast!! She is with a breeder in the Dallas area, so we will be going to pick her up when she weaned.

So everyone I reveal my secret~~Our newest Fabie~~Serita Lynae~~

~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (04-15-2014), Honesty (04-15-2014), Mare (04-15-2014), PlaxMacaws (04-15-2014)

Oh Wow, De'Andrea. Serita Lynae is just soooo cute (Another fantastic Name)

Congrats to both you and Jerry!

You are soon going to be catching up with Terri I think you are going to have to buy a bigger house soon

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Wendy!! LOL Yes I do need a bigger house already!

At least these last two fabies are much smaller than my big kids and I still have space for them, their play perches and cages~~I think?
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

6. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-15-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Im so sorry about Peta I know these guys are the cutest little things [and such people birds} . I have to run through Petco [where they have 3 ) or Im going to end up with all of them . When I lost my Rb2 Jennifer ,I kept going back that I need to get another. Species do have similar characteristics . Your new babies cute !!!
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Parrots

Norbert~Thomas (english budgie)....Melon (lovebird)....Molly (pacific parrotlet)....Junior (American budgie)....Minty (green rumped parrotlet)
    Oh my goodness....she is adorable! Congratulations!!

10. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Sending you a for the loss of Peta. Your new little fid is precious. Heart heart!

12. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Jerry both.

14. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Oh wowee gee, De'Andrea! Such an adorable face on that little sweetheart . And I love her name - how do you come up with such colorful names anyway? Best of congrats!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    I knew when you said you had a secret that you were "expecting" again. Congratulations on a beautiful faby!

18. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    She is adorable, De'Andrea! Is Jerry pretty excited? I'm sorry about your loss of Peta . I know how much she meant to you.

20. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-15-2014)