User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Info On My Rosie

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

Update Info On My Rosie

Well the breeder of the Rose Breast Cockatoos emailed me yesterday that the DNA tests were in on the 6 hatchlings he has so far and that mine is a male. I didn't have a preference, I'm just glad to have gotten in on this year's fabies. They are going fast, They are quite popular.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have his name picked out already. His name shall be: Dakota Nakira'Too. Kinda unique for an equally unique Pink Bird!!

Michael the breeder will get photos out next week. So as soon as I get some I will posts them up. I bet Dakota is going to be a cutie!!!

And when I'm off again next week and have time to be on my home computer instead of this silly phone, I will unveil my new secret.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 04-10-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Debra (04-10-2014), Honesty (04-10-2014), kendrafitz (04-10-2014), Mare (04-10-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-10-2014), plax (04-15-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    So happy for you!!!

Can't wait to see pics and find out your new secret!!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-10-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    You must be excited !!! cant wait for baby pictures . Yours was just born and Owen turned one
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-10-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Yes Kendra & Terri I am very excited!! I am super excited that I finally have a real fabie instead of an eggie waiting to hatch! I didn't get to pick one, but I guess it really doesn't matter on that so much when I could only pick by photo and not by really handling them and getting to know it first.

I will be glad when I get to see photos of them/him too!! This breeder is kinda not so talkative or quick on the photos like the female breeders I've dealt with on my macaws. Typical male like so many we seem to have on here. I'm not picking on you guys, not really. Just trying to draw you out of hiding so we can hear a little more squawking coming from your side of the parrot keeping world.

Terri your Owen will be my Dakota's big adopted brother. Owen already knows the ropes and can give Dakota pointer!

This is gonna' be fun sharing experiences with you and "Guess what my Pink Too Too did Tooday" moments~~
    ~~My Flock~~

8. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-11-2014)

This is getting more exciting by the day! I can't wait to watch him grow into a beautiful pink birdie. And shame on you for telling us you have a secret and won't share until your off days. I'm not a patient woman when it comes to things like this. lol

10. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-11-2014)

I can't wait to see pics of Dakota and to find out the secret

He will be with you before you know it. The time is flying by!

12. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-11-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Great news! I can imagine how excited you must be . How long will the breeder hang on to Dakota, I'm sure he won't let him go before he's weaned but how long does that take?

14. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-11-2014)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    very happy for you De, im surer you will get so much enjoyment out of your pink birdy, i dont no why they had them dna tested, as you only have to look at there eye's to sex them, but i guess having them all my life on and off it some thing us Aussies get to know. lol , but then again i can sex lorries with out DNA test, i used to have a pet store that would call me in when ever they got a batch of lorries for me to sex, the first couple of times i sexed them they still had them DNA tested , but after the 3rd time and getting 1005 correct they stopped paying for it, and just got me to do it for them , i still have people asking me to sex there lorries for them.
    Last edited by coltfire; 04-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (04-11-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    How do you sex lorries Steve?
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Parrots

Thanks Debra, Wendy, Mare and Steve. As soon as I get photos I will be posting them and any updates I can wrangle out of Michael.

Mare, Dakota will wean some time in July, so looks like about a 4 month age for Rosies. That is the month Michael told me the first fabies should start weaning. Definitely I want Dakota to stay with the breeder til he is completely weaned. My work schedule is not flexible enough to hand feed a really young baby. 1 feeding a day and comfort feedings I can & have done, but not the real deal feedings. I know to leave that to the experts.

Steve, I have read you can tell on Rosies what sex they are by the eyes. I told Michael to go ahead and sex mine, the fee was $25.00, so not a big deal. I would imagine the breeder knows how too, but most will want it DNA tested anyway. If he had given me the choice to do it himself, I would have trusted his info.

Sorry for the suspense Debra, LOL. I'm off again on Sun.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 04-11-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~

19. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-15-2014)