User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consolidation?

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon

Consolidation?

Just a suggestion. It feels like there may be too many forums. It waters it down, and makes it more difficult to keep up with.
    For example, Myers, senegals,capes,jardines, and red bellies are all in the poicephalus family, why not group them as one?
    There is a forum called recipes, parrot food, diet and then there is general health care, which starts out with the description "nutrition". Shouldn't that forum focus mostly on helping people with injury and disease questions?
    Hatch dates and celebration corner, that can be one forum.
    General parrot information and general bird discussion-should be one forum.
    Then I am curious why there are forums at the bottom, like the one called "good deals" and other classified type forums, but in the rules and guidelines, there is this section... a bit confusing.
    You may post links, but we ask that you refrain from posting ones that are not relevant to a thread discussion, or merely for the sake of posting them. We certainly want to help birds find PERMANENT homes; however, we are not another eBay.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-25-2013), roxynoodle (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    I also think the forum "others" and "unusual parrots" is not needed,could be one forum, and grass keets are not mentioned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Just a suggestion. It feels like there may be too many forums. It waters it down, and makes it more difficult to keep up with.
    For example, Myers, senegals,capes,jardines, and red bellies are all in the poicephalus family, why not group them as one?
    There is a forum called recipes, parrot food, diet and then there is general health care, which starts out with the description "nutrition". Shouldn't that forum focus mostly on helping people with injury and disease questions?
    Hatch dates and celebration corner, that can be one forum.
    General parrot information and general bird discussion-should be one forum.
    Then I am curious why there are forums at the bottom, like the one called "good deals" and other classified type forums, but in the rules and guidelines, there is this section... a bit confusing.
    You may post links, but we ask that you refrain from posting ones that are not relevant to a thread discussion, or merely for the sake of posting them. We certainly want to help birds find PERMANENT homes; however, we are not another eBay.
    Hi Carole,

Thank you for your comments, which we have taken on board.

The reason we have Myers, Senegal, Capes, etc in their own categories is many Members seem to prefer to have each one separate, rather than grouped in one.

Hatch Dates and Celebration Corner are 2 totally separate things. i.e... Hatch Dates are for the Birthdays of our Birds and Celebration Corner is for Members Birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries, etc.

I agree that " General Bird Discussions " and " General Parrot
    Info " could be put into one. We will look into this.

General Health Care is for Members to post their concerns over any worries they may have with their Birds Health or Injuries. I agree, that we need to take the nutrition part from that, which we will do.

The " Good Deals Section " is for Members to share anything that is non bird related that you may think would be of interest to other Members.

I can see where you are coming from though with the paragraph from the " Forum Rules " that you have shown and we will try to re-word this.

Others and Unusual Parrots can be put in one category and we will be happy to add Grasskeets to the list

Thankyou for pointing all this out Carole

5. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (04-25-2013), roxynoodle (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Just call me the over-analyzer.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-25-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-07-2013)

Parrots

One more tiny request, if possible? Can we have a Ramphastid forum, for aracaris, toucans, and toucanets? Then maybe if so, move Pico's thread there?

9. The following user likes this post:

roxynoodle (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Thought of a couple more. A section for enrichment/foraging might be considered, and also a place for safety..which would include discussion about things that are safe or not. For example, teflon pans, aerosol spray, woods that are safe/not safe, etc. I find the latter extremely important. Many well meaning people just do not realize the dangers in a home, and what they should or should not allow their parrots access to. I see a growing trend of birds that are allowed to play with, or get to items such as remotes, game controllers, keyboards, cellphones, etc. While some might find it cute to look at photos of the destruction, I see it in a different way. I want to reach out to people and warn them of the dangers. These items often have heavy metals, teflon coated wires just to mention a few things. I know of a gorgeous B&G macaw that died after having access to a TV remote. Anyway...sorry for the long-winded post.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

plax (04-25-2013), roxynoodle (04-25-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Most of your suggestions have been implemented. Lets see how it works out now.

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (04-25-2013), keepsmiling (04-25-2013), roxynoodle (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Thank you for the Ramphastid forum, and for considering and making the changes!

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-27-2013), roxynoodle (04-26-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Thank you for the Ramphastid forum, and for considering and making the changes!
    Glad to help

17. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-26-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

The Enrichment & Foraging section has been added.

19. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-28-2013)