User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sammy and Greta

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

Sammy and Greta

Ive always admired pictures I see of 2 birds being out together. When I got my second caique ,I had imagined them happily hopping up and down the couch with foot toys. But when I brought Sammy home Greta took on this very aggressive role with him. I think Im too over the top protective with my birds [I dont want to take any chances] I know they like each other .Their cages are next to each other. They sleep facing each other ,eat at the same time and play So over the weekend when I was cleaning cages.I decided to try them out together [and see if they got used to it now that their older. So here we have some beaking ,a little preening then some kung foo fighting

2. The following 3 users like this post:

CrazyBirdLady (04-25-2013), Honesty (04-25-2013), mistywaterwoman (04-28-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

4. The following 2 users like this post:

CrazyBirdLady (04-25-2013), mistywaterwoman (04-28-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Nobility Member

Parrots

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    awwww so cute. i love watching birds play together. i too was very protective of oxy when i first bought bruno and prince home, he was my little baby. i have since kearnt that they will squabble, but they all love each other. they have all formed quite a bond and prince and bruno even feed oxy.

10. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Very cute pics. Sometimes we just have to let them work it out. I hope this is the start of a great relationship.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

CrazyBirdLady (04-25-2013), mistywaterwoman (04-28-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-25-2013)

Parrots

Cockatiels: Izzy, Quinn, Baretta, Zoey, Phoebe, Bailey, Tobias, Indira, Noelle, Sierra, Phin, Mayzie, Q-ie. Senegal: Paris - BGM: Alex - P'let: Sprite - Maxi Pi: Sembre
    They are adorable together!

14. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-25-2013)

Lovely pics. They are both adorable

16. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-25-2013)

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    They are sooo sweet!! <3 My sister has 4 white bellied caiques and I just adore them. The black headed ones are so unique looking!! Wish I could see one in person soon.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by mistywaterwoman View Post
    They are sooo sweet!! <3 My sister has 4 white bellied caiques and I just adore them. The black headed ones are so unique looking!! Wish I could see one in person soon.
    You posted the pictures at your sisters one time [he had quite the traveling cage ]I saw them they looked like alot of fun . Four I bet their working on taking over the house [LOL] If you know caiques.