User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Photo Competition (Favorite Photo)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

April Photo Competition (Favorite Photo)

OK folks, it is time to get the April Photo Competition started.

The subject matter chosen by me, De'Andrea (Turquoise) will be 'Favorite Photo'. What I want to see is your absolutely favorite photo you have taken of your bird or birds (the whole flock is welcome) since you started keeping your feathered darling(s). I also want each of you to add your reason you feel the photo you have chosen is your absolute favorite. In other words, what does this photo say to you about your bird every time you look at it. I want to be able to feel what you feel through your photo and words.

The prize for this month's Photo Competition will be donated by Mare (Mare). The prize Mare is offering to the winner of this photo competition is a $30.00 Gift Card from Amazon. Now that is a super neat prize to win!! Just think of all the possibilities you can use a card like that for!

The rules are pretty simple:

1. Only one entry per member per competition.

2. Please include a little info and names about your bird(s) along with the photo. It will be used
    to identify your entry on the poll along with your username.

3. No copy write photos. Please make sure you are the owner of
    the photo you enter.

4. Please, no photos that clearly endangers anyone or bird in any way that may be in your entry photo.

5. All photos to be entered in the competition need to be posted in this thread.

6. And the most important rule of all~~Lets Have Fun!!!~~

The competition starts today, the 1st of April and runs til the 21st of April.

The 22nd of April a poll will be added by Debra with all of the photos in order of their posted date.

The poll will run for one week and will close on the 29th of April, unless otherwise noted.

I will announce the winner of the competition and post the winning photo on the 29th of April.
    The winner of this competition gets to choose the subject/theme for the May Photo Competition.

So, let the competition and fun begin!!!!
    Last edited by Turquoise; 04-03-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (04-01-2014), Mare (04-01-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Here is a cute pic of my little angel. Great idea for a photo competition.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pets 005 crop_edited-2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2036

4. The following 5 users like this post:

2birds (04-27-2014), Honesty (04-01-2014), Mare (04-01-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-02-2014), Turquoise (04-03-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    This is a pic of Rosie that my daughter took of her when Rosie was about 1. I actually have this photo as my wallpaper on my phone. Everytime I look at it I think how sweetly Rosie was gazing at Ashie and how they were beginning to bond. I also think it is a very artistic pic taken by my then 8 year old. So it is makes me smile for two reasons.

Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 7 users like this post:

2birds (04-27-2014), DixieDawg (04-08-2014), Honesty (04-01-2014), Mare (04-01-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-02-2014), spiritbird (04-01-2014), Turquoise (04-03-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Aww..I can definitely see the love in Rosie's eye

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-02-2014)

Lovely pics Dianne and Kendra!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-02-2014), spiritbird (04-03-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Dianne, that is a wonderful photo for your favorite. This is Chipper, right? Thank you for choosing such a sweet and colorful fabie.

Kendra, I agree that is an awesome photo shot for an 8 yr old to catch!! I can certainly see why it is your wallpaper on your phone and why it is your absolute favorite photo of your gorgeous red girl, Rosie.
    ~~My Flock~~

12. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-03-2014)

Parrots

Hi Folks, wanted to add this here about the prize Mare is donating. I did add the info to the contest post #1. But, since I didn't get it on there the first day I posted the competition I thought I should add it here as well.

Mare is offering a $30.00 Gift Card from Amazon as the prize for the winner of this month's Photo Competition, 'Favorite Photo'. What a super prize to win, lots of things the winner could get with their Gift Card!!

So lets see a 'trainload' of entries for this month and show Mare just how much you really want to win that Gift Card!!!! Every member is eligible to enter a photo to the competition. Hope to see your 'Favorite Photo' on here real soon!!
    ~~My Flock~~

14. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-03-2014)

This is my absolute favourite pic of Codie. I had only had him for 3 days and he was all fluffy and snuggly back then My daughter, Tiegan is giving him scritches in this photo and as you can see, Codie is loving it It also reminds me of how much I loved him from the day he came into my life!

16. The following 6 users like this post:

2birds (04-27-2014), DixieDawg (04-08-2014), kendrafitz (04-03-2014), Mare (04-03-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-04-2014), Turquoise (04-07-2014)

This is Frankie. We were playing with his bells (the ducks beside him). He loves those bells. He had stopped playing to tell me "Gimme a kiss". Just like that. You can see the love in his eyes that he had for me at that moment.

18. The following 7 users like this post:

2birds (04-27-2014), DixieDawg (04-08-2014), Honesty (04-03-2014), kendrafitz (04-03-2014), Mare (04-03-2014), Pinkbirdy (04-04-2014), Turquoise (04-07-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Yes photo is Chipper. He is a clown and loves to have his pic taken.

20. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (04-03-2014), Mare (04-04-2014), Turquoise (04-07-2014)