User Tag List

Thread: What do you think of this guy?

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

What do you think of this guy?

I went to Petco the other day and fell in love with this guy! He/she is a plum headed parakeet. I've always liked Indian ringnecks and this little guy is very similar, but with more color. I think it is the same family. Anyone know anything about them?? Maybe in a couple of years I can convince hubby to let me adopt one. :P

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

He is adorable. Apparently they are very easy going birds and not very noisy.

Hopefully, you can convince hubby to let you have him

Here is a good article about them...

http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-spec...arakeet-2.aspx

3. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (03-27-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks Wendy for the link. I will be sure to check it out. From what little I've read, I pretty much heard the same thing. Easy going and not very noisy.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Hes neat never seen one like that before!
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

6. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (03-27-2014)

Parrots

Isn't he cute! He was a nervous little guy. But was happily bouncing around his cage. He is still there. Can't afford the $600 price tag! Maybe he will go on sale. I can only wish. Hee Hee!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Petcos have a high price tag [maybe you can find a breeder]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Parrots

Conure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animals misc 014 (2).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	2020Click image for larger version. 

ID:	2020 Blanca he is a very pretty bird but wow that is a lot of money. Have you ever thought of a crimson bellied conure? My Ziggy is absolutely beautiful and the best little bird I have ever had. He is so quiet you hardly know he is around and he is so lovable. He loves to sit on my shoulder and just cuddle and cuddle and cuddle. Look at Click image for larger version. 

ID:	2020his picture and maybe you will get one. Good luck.

Parrots

Conure
    Blanca so sorry for the repeated pictures.......lol. This computer is acting up. Or maybe its the old man trying to use it.......lol.

11. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (03-28-2014)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Petcos have a high price tag [maybe you can find a breeder]
    I've thought of that Terri, thanks for the suggestion though. The problem I find is that not too many people seem to breed them. But I'm in no rush, so I will check around. You never know!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	2020 Blanca he is a very pretty bird but wow that is a lot of money. Have you ever thought of a crimson bellied conure? My Ziggy is absolutely beautiful and the best little bird I have ever had. He is so quiet you hardly know he is around and he is so lovable. He loves to sit on my shoulder and just cuddle and cuddle and cuddle. Look at Click image for larger version. 

ID:	2020his picture and maybe you will get one. Good luck.
    Conures are great! I am upto the max on birds according to my hubby at the moment. So I'm just dreaming here. Maybe a couple of years down the road I could get another birdie buddy. I will have to cross my fingers. LOL! Thanks for the suggestions, it will definitely be considered.