User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's playing!

She's playing!

Lucy is actually playing! My perch potato is playing! We covered her grate with paper then added a lot of foot toys that she can shred and a basket that she can shred on top of the paper and she's actually doing something with them. First time in years she has done this. She's been active for a good 30 minutes! Who knows, she might even find the almonds we've hidden in some toys for her. I'm so proud of her! We moved her cage a few feet and angled it differently as was recommended by someone who is helping me with her behavior. This may be a step in the right direction for her! I'm so thrilled in case you can't figure that out. lol

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Honesty (03-16-2014), kendrafitz (03-17-2014), Maddy (03-17-2014), Mare (03-17-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-17-2014), Turquoise (04-01-2014)

I am so happy for you Debra. This certainly is a step in the right direction

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Yayyy Lucy! So happy to read this!
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Yay! That's awesome!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Your doing great little Lucy. Play away and have fun.

She seems so much happier. I suppose the trick with her is to cover the grate with paper and give her a basket to shred (and bribe her with almonds). Did I tell you that this woman hating bird actually ate an almond out of my hand? Small steps, but big rewards. Someone who is helping me with her behavior is actually going to be sending me samples of foods to try her on.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Honesty (03-17-2014), kendrafitz (03-17-2014), Mare (03-17-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-18-2014)

Great Debra. I am so happy for you

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    This is great news! Is this person helping you, someone you called to come help (bird behaviorist), or someone who is a friend and knows birds? No matter, I'm happy to hear this .

She's a lady I was introduced to on FB. She's studied behavior and gives lectures on how to deal with them. She's giving a lecture later this month on eclectus and hormones -- just what I need. I told her I live in Texas and not Florida so I couldn't make it. She said she's happy to help.

With the way Lucy is reacting to the little changes we've made I may not even make that vet appointment I had thought of making. I really want to stay away from Lupron as I don't believe it will solve anything. Just a quick fix that won't last.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (03-18-2014), Mare (03-18-2014)

The lady I've been in contact with through FB is Kathy LaFollette. She has a web site (http://flockcall.com). She's really helping me a whole lot. I may talk with her about Frankie's cage aggressiveness/uneasiness when he's off his cage after we get Lucy settled.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-18-2014), Mare (03-18-2014)