User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~Yep I Am Expecting Again~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    De'Andrea,Welcome to "TOO TOWN" the home of the food slinging screaming mimi's . I think this is the time of year eggs do start coming [mine were hatched in April and May). Toos can be picky eaters [so don't fret]. Mine throw everything they out of their bowls Tolerated being sprayed down [didn't love it]. Love to be pet through the bars [their cheeks puff up] .Can be afraid of new toys [they seem to see colors more vividly than my others] They are busy birds ]but are loving too] . Like a big deal made about them Just sharing about my Rb2s Owen and Jennifer.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-09-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I feel your excitement. You are the proud mama of one of the prettiest birds on the planet! Well an egg anyway. Is it too far to visit? You could help feed yours and that would be the beginning of a close bond. Big hugs to you. You will have to keep a journal for us.

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-09-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Yes Dianne it is definitely too far for me to visit the babies. They are in the Austin area which is our state capital going down in the hill Country as it is called due to the hilly green areas. They are around 300 miles one way from me. I've been to & through Austin many times, it will be an all day trip for me when I go get the Too. I am a long way from all the breeders but one that I know of. That aviary is 70 miles away from me, but they don't raise any species I'm interested in. Wished I were closer, but not an option.

Terri, I feel you have pretty much described living with macaws. LOL My big kids are famous for tossing food all over the place and destroying anything they can get their beaks on. They aren't so fast on their feet when on the ground, but the rest is close. I know I'm being silly with my thoughts that a Too will be the same as a macaw to live with. I have owned at one time or another a Parrot from most of the species available, it is time to add a Too to my repertoire. LOL

Oh and I don't care which I get, male or female. I just want it sexed so I know. So I have chosen it's name already. My new baby shall be known as: Dakota Nakira'Too I think that will fit either male or female. And I think I have the style of cage picked out already, not bought yet, but I have plenty of time for that!

Thanks everyone one for sharing in my excitement and helping me with pointers on becoming a new Too Mommy. ( I'm on my smiley hating phone again so no cute smileys today)
    Last edited by Turquoise; 03-09-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Because my 'Smart phone' isn't so smart as it thinks
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-09-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-09-2014)

De'Andrea, you always manage to come up with such special names for your birds I love the name "Dakota Nakira" Too!

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-14-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Toos are kinda hyper Macaws even though they have their moments [have a layed back way about them compared to Toos]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-14-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    'Toos are hyper?! I think they are normal birds! They fill my heart, THAT..they do!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (03-14-2014), Turquoise (03-14-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
    De'Andrea, you always manage to come up with such special names for your birds I love the name "Dakota Nakira" Too!
    Thanks Wendy, I guess I lean toward not so common names that can & do border on downright weird sometimes. But, when you have a weird first name like mine, it is normal to pick weird names for your critters.
    ~~My Flock~~

Thanks Wendy, I guess I lean toward not so common names that can & do border on downright weird sometimes. But, when you have a weird first name like mine, it is normal to pick weird names for your critters.
    I love your name. I don't think it is weird at all

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    I agree with Wendy, I love your name! I also love the name you have picked for your pink bird!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-15-2014)

Parrots

Awww, thanks Wendy & Maddy. I do love my name, but you got to admit it is not a normal name you hear very often. Thanks for loving my choice of a 'Pink Birdie' name too. Still no word on my egg hatching or rather ready for me to choose one. The guy at the aviary says they are beginning to hatch, I'm guessing he lets them stay with their parents for the first 3 weeks like most parent hatched babies are allowed to do. So it will be a little longer before I have one I can actually claim.
    ~~My Flock~~

18. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (03-15-2014)