User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~Yep I Am Expecting Again~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~Yep I Am Expecting Again~~

OK folks, don't fall out of your chairs or think me crazy, but at my age I am expecting! Yep, I definitely have 'The Baby Bird Bump'

Alright the gig's up. I'm not actually expecting to lay a baby bird egg and hatch it, But...I am now just today/tonight 'A Lady In Waiting' for my baby parrot to hatch, wean and come home to my wide outstretched open arms!

Ahhh, I have ya'll wondering what kind of gorgeous prancing, strutting, feathered wonder did I set my cap for this time? Another macaw maybe, they are my favorite? Another Green Wing? They are definitely my favorite! Nope!!

Tired of guessing by now, I should expect. So I shall tell all ya'll, my good friends and flock that I have absolutely gone off the deep end and went and paid a deposit on a Cockatoo!! A Rose Breasted Cockatoo at that!!! Yep I will soon have a 'Pink Birdie' in my flock like you Terri.

Now for the details of how this has come about. This time off I decided to look about online for RB2 breeders and found there is actually an aviary in Texas. They are still around 300 miles from me, but very drivable and I don't have to be totally stressed out worrying about my baby on a plane and something happening to it. I was just testing the waters on what is available and once I found this aviary I decided to send for more info. The guy got back with me today and said the eggs are hatching now and the first one hatched yesterday. So he is taking deposits to be on the waiting list for one after they hatch and he usually has 15 to choose from. I didn't want to miss out on this year's season and decided I was ready to be owned by a Too.

The babies won't be weaned til the last of June and into July, so I have plenty of time to get a nice large comfy cage, build a play perch and get everything ready for the delivery. No photos of course yet since I only have claims to an eggie right now. I shall keep everyone updated on the baby bump as I have new info on how I'm...'er the eggie/fabie is progressing.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 03-08-2014 at 03:36 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (03-08-2014), Honesty (03-08-2014), kendrafitz (03-08-2014), Mare (03-08-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Ooooh!!!!! A cockatoo!!! How exciting!

I'm so excited for you!

Congrats Congrats Congrats!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-08-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Maddy! Yep I will soon be joining all of you Cockatoo owners here.

This will be my first Cockatoo, so I will be looking to ya'll to give me pointers on living with a Too.
    ~~My Flock~~

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Maddy (03-09-2014), Mare (03-08-2014)

Wow! I am sooo happy for you De'Andrea. Galah's are absolutely beautiful. They are just full of energy and have such unique little personalities. I am just as eager as you are for you new baby to arrive

As you know, I have hands on experience with them, so I can tell you lots about their personalities

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-08-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    WOO HOOO !!! Im speechless Congrats, wait till you see those pink puffy cheeks [babies are devils ill tell you ] If this one dosent work out . Talk to Carmen in Brightwood Aviary in Georgia[so worth it ] . Owen loves everyone !!Even my kids friends [I believe it was because she had visitors 3 times a week to socialize them ]. This one mine even like your husband Owen just learned my daughters name "Julia " [which I think is hard] I don't think their like any of the other Toos
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-08-2014), Turquoise (03-08-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Wow! Congrats De'! That
    is so exciting!! You must be so thrilled!! I'm so happy for you!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

12. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-08-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Yayyyy!! Congrats!! So excited for you and can't wait to see lots of fabie pics!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

14. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-09-2014)

Congrats De'! I would be terrified of having a 'too in my house. I know next to nothing about them other than they tend to be needy birds if not raised right. I cannot wait to watch your little one grow from an egg to a beautiful adult!

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-09-2014)

Parrots

Thanks everyone! I will definitely add photos when I have any sent to me. The breeder said he would send some once he gets them hatched, sorted and I have one assigned to me.

Terri I remember you telling me you could give me your breeder's info and I could get one of hers. I was just looking (like how many folks on here believe that?!!) and when I found there is a breeder in my own state I decided to give it a try. I much prefer to drive to pick up the baby than to stress out over a plane flight. But, should none of his babies make it or he runs out before my waiting number is up, I will definitely be checking with your breeder.

I have to go take my nap now, tis another work week tonight.
    ~~My Flock~~

18. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (03-09-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wow! Congratulations!! One thing for sure, you will be a good mama! I've never been around one of the pink ones and Terri would know if they aren't like the other 'toos. Not that there is anything WRONG with the others . Can't wait for pics, and hearing all about it!

20. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (03-09-2014)